《25》

Annabeth

"Annabeth!" Percy yelled as he ran up the hill with Piper and Leo following close behind.

"Percy, Piper, Leo, where have you been?!" I cried as embraced Percy. I broke the hug and looked up at his face. He looked worried. His eyes were caught between fear and relief.

"I'm glad you're okay," he whispered and kissed my cheek.

I raised an eyebrow. "Of course I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Tartarus has inhabited Jason."

The entire group, including me, gasped. "Piper?" I looked to her to confirm. She nodded fearfully.

"I need to get back to camp Half-blood," Leo declared, his face devoid of all jokeyness. "Nico could you?"

"Why do you...?" Frank began.

"I have to find Calypso. Jason's vision said she would be in danger because I killed Gaia." Leo looked terrified. There was no traces of a smile or sarcasm. Part of me was waiting for him to suddenly laugh and shout "Jokes guys" and Percy and Piper would be in on it. But I knew this wasn't the case.

"Okay, repair boy. Let's go," Nico told him as he and Will stood. They walked towards Leo, grabbed his arm and melted away.

"So," Hazel began, "what do we do?"

"I don't know."

《<>》

Natasha

"I need you to distract them while I find Coulson," I whispered to Tony.

"How?"

"You're a smart guy Tony. Figure it out."

"I'll need a hologram. One that's you walking. As long as they don't touch you, they won't notice," Whispered Tony.

I picked a small silver ball out of my belt and pressed it into his watch. The ball unfolded and enveloped the watch face. It started to blink red. I continued to walk until Tony nudged me. The blinking light had turned green. He pressed the light and it projected the holographic image into me.

At the next intersection, I slipped away leaving the hologram in my place. After a quick glance to make sure May and Johnson didn't notice. I made my way down the hall until I came to an office. The sign outside marked it as the Director's office. Bingo.

Blinds were pulled down over all the windows but the door was cracked open a smidge and could hear voices.

"...is gone."

"What do you mean Fitz?" That voice I recognised. Coulson.

"I mean, as soon as it reached the coast it disappeared." The man he was speaking to had a Scottish accent.

"That's strange."

"But there's something stranger sir."

"What's that?"

"The land there is unowned. Some of it is highway maintenance but most is empty." Land where? I thought to myself.

"Why's that weird?"

"Because our scans show that there are hundreds of people there."

"That is strange."

"Do you think we should check it out?"

"Yes. Take Daisy, Hunter and Bobbi with you to investigate."

"Yes sir. I'll um go find them."

I heard footsteps coming toward the door. I stepped to the side and crouched. The door opened and a young man with curly hair stepped out. Luckily, he didn't look my way and went down a different hallway.

I decided I should confront Coulson now. I opened the door and almost cried. Coulson was here. Alive. He hadn't changed at all. He was sat at his desk looking at some files.

"Was there something else Fitz?" He asked without looking up.

I was in a stunned silence. I hadn't quite believed until now. Part of me had still doubted. But he was right here. I didn't reply.

"Fitz?" He looked up and we locked eyes. "Hey Nat."

I could barely speak. "H-hey Phil." I smiled.

At that moment there was a loud crash and Tony burst into the office. He was immediately immobilized.

"Tony," Coulson acknowledged.

"C-Coulson?"

"I suppose this was long overdue," he sighed.

"How could you not tell us you were alive? We all mourned you."

"If it helps, I was dead, for like two weeks."

"That's impossible," I said.

"It should've been," he sighed.

Then Agent Johnson burst through the open door. "We lost the Aveng..." She began before noticing us. "Ohhh. Sorry Coulson."

"It's fine Sk-Daisy. Fitz was looking for you."

"Oh right. I was just coming to you about that. I think this might be something to do with the bad kids."

"Why?"

"Just a hunch. Although the main incidents we've been investigating are based on the East side of the U.S., I've been doing a little research and it turns out, there has been a similar string of these incidents in and around San Francisco."

"By bad kids do you mean Percy Jackson and his friends?" I questioned.

"Uh, yeah," she replied, hesitantly.

"Then we'll come with you to investigate," I decided. "We might find Clint."

"Erm, Coulson?" Johnson turned to him, asking silently if this was okay.

"Take them with you."

"'Kay. Come on then. The Quinn Jet is prepped and ready to go." And with that she turned and left.

"You heard her Tony, let's move."

Tony grumbled but followed me to the door. Just before we left he turned back to Coulson. "You're doing more explaining to the entire team when we get back. You're also going to call Pepper."

Before he could even reply, Tony had left leaving me to follow his lead.

《<>》

I'm not sure I like this chapter. It's really short and to me, kinda boring. Hope you guys liked it anyway. Hopefully next chapter will be better.

~GingerbreadHalfblood