《46》

Piper

At first it seemed like we were winning. Monsters were cut down quickly and with the ferocity of grieving demigods, no one seemed badly injured and there weren't any demigods lying motionless as far as I could see, but that quickly changed.

The monsters began appearing faster than we could kill them and we were becoming quickly overwhelmed. More and more campers were being knocked down and Will, our best medic, was nowhere to be seen. This was when we could've used Percy or Hazel but they were busy with their own problems. Out of the Seven, I was the only one left to fight the army. And I was powerless to do anything.

The horde grew stronger and we grew weaker. Even when the Hunters of Artemis arrived, our small increase in numbers was quickly nullified by the overwhelming force.

We eventually retreated to Half-blood Hill. If we were making a final stand, it would be at the foot of the Athena Pathenos where we stood together against Gaia. Soon we were surrounded. Though this time we weren't being sunk into the ground.

It looked like the end for demigods. And unless Leo flies in on a giant dragon to save us...we're not getting out of this one.

Well, that's what I thought.

Then there was a very loud whir. Familiar to me. It sounded like an engine. And that's exactly what it was. There was suddenly a powerful wind from above us. I glanced up to see the underside of a familiar looking jet. "It's the Avengers!" I shouted.

Though I was glad they had come, I couldn't quite celebrate. They may be heroes in the mortal world, but here, what are they?

The monsters stopped their advance, eyeing the jet that was hovering above us with suspicion. Then, once the monsters had regained their courage and started to advance again, the cargo door on the jet opened up and someone jumped down.

A woman landed in front of me in a crouch. I recognised her as the lady who invaded Camp Jupiter. She stood slowly. The monsters growled and ran at her. I searched the woman for a weapon, but she wasn't carrying so much as a knife. I raised my sword, ready to step in, when the woman extended her hands and shoved them forcefully at the army. Out of her fingertips, ripples of power seemed to eminate and the ground trembled. The entire army flew back several feet and turned to dust on impact.

We stood in shocked silence. No one I knew was capable of that kind of power, except maybe Hazel with her Earthy powers, but certainly not to that extent. I completely forgot that the demigods on the other side of the hill were still fighting, I was too busy staring in awe. The demigods were taken over by a sea of muttered questions.

"Did she just...?"

"How?"

"What in the Hades?"

"Who the Hell is she?"

"That was effing lit!"

"You can say that again!"

The woman turned to us. "Is everyone okay?" She asked, as if she didn't wipe out half an army single handedly.

"I...I think so?" I replied uncertainly, scanning the crowd for any severely injured.

"Then we got here just in time," she smiled.

《<>》

Percy

The counsellors, centurions, praetors and mortals gathered around the ping-pong table, chatting. I counted everyone and noticed we were missing Will and Nico.