《34》

Percy

"Uh oh," I muttered under my breath as the mortals approached. I crouched down and whispered in Annabeth's ear. "I don't think the plan worked."

"That's why you should always have a plan B," she whispered, keeping her eyes directed at the angry mortals.

"And do you have a plan B?"

"Yes?" She replied unsurely.

"That doesn't sound very comforting."

"It's a plan. Just not a good one."

"Well, it looks like the only chance we have."

She nodded, then slipped her phone out of her pocket and dialed a number. While it was ringing she stood up and ordered me to distract the mortals. I agreed and kissed her on the cheek for luck. She smiled, then ran off.

"Okay then..."

"What's going on Percy?" Asked Reyna.

"Annabeth's got a plan. We just need to be a distraction," I explained.

"And what's this plan Annabeth has?" She questioned.

"Don't know," I admitted. "But know Annabeth well enough to not question it."

"Fair point," Reyna agreed. "So what's your idea of a distraction?"

"Uhhhhh," I replied intelligently.

Reyna gave me a bored expression. "You don't have a plan, do you?"

"No," I admitted. "But I'm all for winging it."

Reyna sighed. "Fine."

The the mortals stopped at the desk. Daisy was sat down with a confused but slightly amused expression on her face, like she didn't know what was happening but was interested to see where it went.

A metal man, coloured bright red and gold stood opposite me. I recognised him as Iron-Man, one of the Avengers. I couldn't tell if he was glaring or just always had that expression.

Next to him stood an intimidating lady with a bob of bright red hair. She, on the other hand, was definitely glaring. She also had her arms crossed in a brown leather jacket. I remembered her as one of the Avengers, but I couldn't remember her name.

Behind them stood a group of two men and two women. The women were dressed head to toe in black leather. The guys seemed to be dressed like normal people. The woman on the left was Asian, with straight dark hair and a very serious, scary look on her face. Next to her stood the other woman with long, wavy, blonde hair. She seemed a little less intimidating and had a slight smile. The man next to her had close cut brown hair and also had a slight, friendly smile. Next to him was a younger guy, maybe six or seven years older than me. He had curly brown hair and seemed to be slightly intimidated by Reyna. (Which I get because she's almost as scary as Annabeth).

"What in the bloody Hell was that?" Cried the fourth dude in a strange British accent.

"Smoke machine?" I offered in a meek attempt at a believable explanation. The mortals glared.

"Honest answers. Now. Or I start shooting things," threatened the scary red-head.

I took a step back and realised that my 'winging it' idea was severely backfiring. "Reyna?" I offered her to take the lead.