《35》

This chapter took longer then anticipated, sorry. I had to locate a book for some research and it was lost somewhere on my bookshelf...

《<>》

Peter

I listened carefully for Annabeth and Percy, keeping track of their location as they ran. Suddenly, a fist came flying toward my face and my head snapped back instinctively to dodge. I reached out and grabbed the fist then lifted it away, dragging the person whom it belonged to with it. I sprang away from the table and ran after Annabeth and Percy. I would've swung, but there wasn't anything to swing from so I was stuck on the ground.

The smoke from Clint's arrow made sight impossible, but my enhanced senses helped me overcome that. I caught up to the demigods as they reached Grover who was waiting just outside the smoke. "You guys ready to go?" I asked.

"Definitely," panted Annabeth.

"Look out," Grover warned just before I notice the presence emerging from the fog. I didn't recognise the figure so I guessed she was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. She had wavy blond hair and piercing blue eyes, but the scariest thing about her was the batons. She walked toward us at a leisurely pace, twirling two silver sticks in her hand, making melodic sounds.

I fired a web string toward her. She swung her baton to swat away the web, but it stuck. I grabbed the web and pulled. She pulled back. After realising who would eventually win the tug of war, the woman let go, sending the metal projectile flying at my head. I ducked, allowing the weapon to sail over me. Grover, on the other hand, did not duck. He was hit on the head and knocked out cold.

"Grover!" Cried Percy. He crouched, picked up his friend and swung him over his shoulder.

"We should get going," suggested Annabeth. I fired a few more webs. This time, the woman dodged, obviously having learnt from the first time.

"Good idea," I agreed. "Karren, web grenade."

"Of course Peter," my suit replied.

I fired the next web at the woman's feet. A small canister left my web shooters and hit the ground. After a millisecond, it exploded capturing the blonde in sticky white web. I grinned.

"Nice," Percy commented.

"Let's go," I said, herding the demigods to the exit.

We ran faster, the tunnel was a few feet away. Then I heard an all too familiar sound of machinery overhead. There was a slam as the suit landed on the ground. Percy, Annabeth and I skidded to a halt before Iron-Man - my mentor.

Mr Stark held out his hand, charging up his repulsor rays. "What are you doing kid?" He demanded.

I held my hands out to protect the demigods. "This is wrong Mr Stark! They're not terrorists!" I contested.

He hesitated for a minute before arguing, "And you know this for a fact?"

"No," I admitted. "But I do know that they're kids, just like me."

He sighed. "So what's your plan here?" He inquired.

"I don't know. All I know is that I'm going to help them." I looked at my mentor. I wished I could see his face, guess what he was thinking.

The silence was suffocating. Nobody moved an inch while we waited for Iron-Man to fire on us. Suddenly, the repulsor in his hand powered down and he lowered his palm. "Go," he mumbled, nearly audible to anyone else, but loud enough for me. "I'll buy you some time."