Author's Note

Thank you for reading my story! I appreciate all the reads, votes, and comments from everyone. As someone who is mainly a fantasy writer, Death City was a bit out of my element compared to my other books, so I am happy to have found a readership here on Wattpad. Though we've reached the end of this story, Dawn's journey is not over just yet.

I plan to continue this series as a trilogy, making this only the first of 3 books. I'm excited to bring you the sequel soon, so please stay tuned and be sure to follow and check back for updates. More information below.

Thanks again for reading and see you soon!

- Tokyo_Blood

Fun facts

- Word Count: 75,463 words

- In early drafts Dawn's name was originally Susan. Her character was a blonde cheerleader from the city who was far more ditzy and ignorant.

- A snarky, androgynous male character named Elijah was planned to be one of Dawn's love interest's opposite Rain. Elijah would have been a wizard and the theme of the book would have been demons vs. wizards.

- Sky was almost the main character. Early reception from beta readers suggested Dawn was better suited as the lead.

- The initial setting for the story was going to be in rural Japan. A visit to Oregon, led me to change this.

- Does the last chapter feel like an epilogue? It originally was one. An alternate final chapter (29) was written, but beta readers were divided on it as an ending and I decided to use parts of it for later books.

There will be a sequel. What can you expect from book 2?

- A greater focus on Dawn's relationship with Sky. Rejoice Dawn x Sky shippers!

- It will be a slow burn romance story. The supernatural and horror elements will still be present, but quieter and more subdued. Less mystery for obvious reasons.

- New characters–some you will love, some you will hate, and some you will love to hate!

- Some very major, shocking twists you will not see coming.

- More mature themes and content.

- A much better book than part one!

I'd like to hear from you! 

- Favorite character(s)? Least favorite?

- Did you have a favorite moment or chapter?

- What are your thoughts on the ending for book one?

- My chapters run longer than the Wattpad average. Do you like longer chapters? Should I shorten them? Keep them as is?

- How was my writing style? Any areas of improvement?

- Is there something you would like to see more/less of in the next book? 

Sequel Update 

Book 2 entitled Crimson Moon is out now!

If you enjoyed the first book, there is much more in store. Check out the sequel on my profile and get ready for another amazing ride!

 Check out the sequel on my profile and get ready for another amazing ride!

Artwork by magwayen

portfolio-magwayen.carrd.co/