A Tasting?

Nakamura covered her mouth as she yawned, walking between Riko and Hyuuga through the hallways as they tried to decide where to go for training camp. 

"Say, Nakamura, Hyuuga, should we go to the beach during summer vacation?"

"Yeah, the beach is nice."

"I think going to the beach would be a nice change in pace."

As they continued walking, Izuki, Mitobe, Koganei, and Tsuchida happened to see them as they rounded the corner of the hallway, all listening in on what they were saying.

"Or, maybe the mountains?"

"Yeah, the mountains are good too."

"Hyuuga-senpai, are you even listening?"

"Hm? I don't care where we go, as long as we can practice hard."

As the four observed them, they could only think Don't decide the hell we're going to like a family!

~Time Skip~

As Riko rounded everyone up, she announced to them what she decided with Nakamura concerning the training camp over summer vacation.

"This year, at the beginning and end of summer vacation, we'll be taking a trip to the beach and then to the mountains!"

The four people who overheard the group earlier could only groan as the girls ended up on deciding to go to both places.

Needing to discuss their training camp plans with the teachers, Riko left Nakamura and Hyuuga in charge of overseeing practice while she was gone. After doing their practice regime only once, Nakamura was surprised to hear Hyuuga call for all the members to gather around one more time.

"We're currently facing grave danger. In order to make two trips this year, we chose cheap lodgings. We'll have to make our own food, which is where our problem lies. The coach will be cooking for us!"

Silence covered the gymnasium as everyone took in the information, the first years looking confused with why the captain had to announce that.

"Huh? Is that bad?"

"Of course it is! At the Touou game, you saw her honey-soaked lemons!"

"That's not cooking anymore."

You mean it's inedible?

Furihata had suggested that they cook for themselves at night, but because practice was so rough, no one could move at night. As the senpais stood there shaking, remembering some of the dishes Riko had made before, Koganei had to hold himself together in order to not vomit. Nakamura thought that her cooking couldn't be that bad, since Riko had made the honey-sliced lemons correctly, she just didn't slice the lemons. However, judging from the senpais reactions, it must be far worst than what she was imaging. She just prayed that no one would get food poisoning during their camps.

~Few Days Later~

After Riko had come back from getting approval from the teachers, practice had finished so the senpais had suggested to Riko that they have a training menu tasting session one day as a way to practice for her. Therefore, instead of usual practice today, everyone had gathered in a classroom used for economics cooking, seating themselves as they waited in horror for Riko to make curry for them. Nakamura laid her head on Kuroko's shoulder, yawning as the senpais went around to say who could and couldn't cook. 

Mitobe would be the best cook out of all the senpais, Izuki, Tsuchida, Koganei could cook a little while Hyuuga couldn't cook at all. Izuki turned to the freshman, asking who among them could cook. Kawahara, Furihata, and Fukuda couldn't cook while Kuroko could make, at most, boiled eggs. Nakamura didn't have the confidence to say that she was as good as Mitobe after learning he was in charge of cooking for his NINE younger siblings, but she was more skilled than a beginner was, as Kuroko confirmed that. Before Kagami could answer, Riko had just finished making her 'curry', serving a portion to everyone.