The Team Advancing Will Be Us!

Everyone was surprised to see both the team's aces had entered the Zone as Nakamura quickly wrote down the sudden changes in the game.

I didn't know Kagami-kun had that much potential to be on the same level as the Generation of Miracles. That wasn't in my calculations

Watching the aces continue to go head to head, neither side was giving in and continued to block each other's shots. Seeing the game suddenly become so high paced, none of the players were able to interfere between the two as the aces were moving too fast for the human eye.

Everyone was surprised when Kagami was able to break way from Aomine, scoring a basket and changing the difference to three points, 95-98. With fourty one seconds left, it was Touou Academy's ball and Aomine didn't hesitate to go against Kagami. It was a little difficult for Aomine to break past Kagami, so he decided to jump to make a Formless Shot.

However, no one expected Kagami to actually block the Formless Shot again, right as the time limit for the aces to be in the Zone expired. Izuki caught the ball and passed it to Hyuuga, who didn't hesitate to run back across the court to perform a layup, changing the point difference to one.

Nakamura watched Touou Academy's coach stand up, presumably to call for a time out. But she noticed the coach's expression had changed after seeing the players' serious focus on the match, making him sit back down.

Smart move. If he had called a time out now, it would've caused the players to lose their focus and break the flow of the game

Seeing Aomine have the ball in his possession, Nakamura watched in shock as the boy performed an impossible Formless shot from behind the backboard, throwing the ball when his body was completely parallel to the ground. Watching the score change to 97-100 with Seirin behind by three points, the team realized there was only fifteen seconds left in the game for them to change that.

As time was running out, Seirin and Touou Academy were both feeling the pressure. With the point difference being a single digit, both teams knew the game could go either way. As Kagami held the ball and attempted to dunk, Aomine was able to jump and get his hand on the ball, stopping Kagami mid-air.

Watching the aces struggle in the air, Seirin was able to see the results from Kagami's summer training as their ace was able to use his left hand to force the ball away from Aomine. He was able to pass it to Kiyoshi, who didn't hesitate to make the basket while also getting a free throw for the foul Wakamatsu got from attempting to block him. Everyone on the bench cheered as Kiyoshi was able to make the shot while Nakamura clutched her chest.

Holy crap this is NOT good for my heart. Kiyoshi-senpai is so reckless

Both teams realized that if Seirin wanted to win, it meant that they would have to purposely miss the free throw and get the rebound for a final shot. 

We don't have the strength nor stamina to go into overtime. Everyone's at their limit

Nakamura clenched her teeth as Kiyoshi wind up to take the free throw. Everyone watched as the ball missed the basket, and Kagami managed to get the rebound. Going for a dunk, Aomine manages to block the player, causing the ball to go astray.

Watching Imayoshi chase after the ball, all the Seirin players thought it was their loss until they noticed a player of their own was running ahead of the captain.

Kuroko!

Imayoshi was shocked that the phantom player had gotten an earlier head start than him, making him think that Kuroko had believed in Aomine rather than Kagami.

He knew that Kagami-kun would get the rebound, but he also knew that Daiki would be able to stop him. Tetsuya is unbelievable sometimes

Watching the boy perform an Ignite Pass, Nakamura let out a sigh of relief despite both Aomine and Kagami jumping up to catch the ball, knowing that Kagami would get it. As Kagami caught the ball, he didn't hesitate to slam the ball in over Aomine's arm right as the buzzer had rang, indicating the end of the game and bringing the score to 101-100. 

All the members cheered as it meant Seirin would be moving onto the next round while Riko and Nakamura hugged each other.

As the referee blew the whistle for the line up, Kuroko felt the fatigue finally hit him and lost all the strength in his body. Nakamura panicked, seeing the boy about to fall when Kagami had caught him. Letting out a breathe of relief, Nakamura watched with a smile as Aomine had approached Kuroko to talk to him, ending the conversation by giving each other a fist bump.

I'm so glad Daiki was able to play basketball with a smile again

"Seirin High wins with a score of 101 to 100! Bow!"

"Thanks for the game!"

As everyone headed back to the locker room, the team gathered up their things, and Fukuda, Kawahara, and Furihata filed out of the room when Nakamura and Riko realized that the rest of the team weren't out yet for some reason. Peeking into the room, both the girls giggled at the sight before them, seeing all the members asleep in the locker room.

You've worked hard guys

"Maybe we should wait a little bit, Nakamura-san."

"I think that would be best."

Shutting the door, Riko stood in front with the three first years while Nakamura had excused herself to go use the bathroom.

Finishing her business and heading back to the locker room, she took off her glasses to wipe the lenses when she suddenly bumped into someone. She apologized before slipping on her glasses back on, then scrunched up her face when she realized who it was.

"Oh, it's you."

"Don't ya think that's a little rude? I'm yur senpai after all."

"I'll give my respect to those I think deserve it."

Imayoshi felt his smirk widen as he heard her say that, having fun with how the girl never hesitated to be straightforward with him. Which happened to remind him of what she implied at the onsen.

"It was mean of ya to say I had a horrible personality when ya do too. Yur just as cunning as I am."

"Oh? I never said I wasn't though."

Seeing the girl smirk, Imayoshi laughed at her answer as she had proven him right. Rolling her eyes at the boy, Nakamura was surprised when the player suddenly opened his eyes, of course with his usual smirk on his face.

"Oh my god. You actually have eyes."

"... Ya really don't hold anything back, do ya?"

Staring at his gray eyes, Nakamura noticed how they were  slightly red and assumed he had been crying earlier. He may have been Seirin's opponent, but she knew how devastating it was to lose when you were aiming to win, especially if you're a third year student. 

She didn't like him and his annoying smirk, but she knew he was a good captain and how it couldn't have been easy to manage such difficult players. Aomine who never went to practice and ignored what people said, Wakamatsu who didn't know what an 'inside' voice was and was hot tempered, and Sakurai who would never stop apologizing and acted rashly at the worst times.

Seeing Imayoshi close his eyes, Nakamura said with a soft voice, "You've worked hard, senpai," before turning around. Not waiting for a response, Nakamura headed back to find Seirin so they could leave already. Meanwhile Imayoshi was surprised at what the girl had said to him and found himself laughing again.

Yup she really is interesting