Sorry! Sorry!

Finishing breakfast in the cafetaria, Nakamura wasn't sure how it happened but Riko and her ended up making food for not only Seirin but also Shutoku's members as well during the training camp. Now, she didn't mind making food for everyone, but it just meant double the amount of dishes to do after eating. As she stood in the kitchen collecting everyone's dishes, she gave a nod to Seirin and Shutoku as they thanked her for cooking again. Turning around to face the sink, she didn't realize that Midorima and Takao had entered the kitchen as well, asking her if she wanted any help.

Although Midorima claimed that he was 'forced' to help by Takao, she was grateful for the two boys offering and asked if they could take out the trash first before doing anything else. After coming back, she asked that one of them wiped down the counters and sweep the floor while another helped her with the dishes. Deciding that Midorima would help Nakamura with the dishes, Takao grabbed a washcloth and whistled while he did his job. Everyone from Shutoku was suprised to see Midorima obediently follow someone and for Takao to be doing something seriously.

Who is she? And can she be our manager?

Thanking them for helping, the kitchen was cleaned much faster than usual and Nakamura was satisfied with how neat and tidy it looked. As breakfast ended, both teams got ready for their last practice match during the training camp.

~Time Skip~

As everyone gathered in the gymnasium, Nakamura and Riko discussed how Kagami was doing with his training. Since he wasn't playing in the practice matches, they realized that they would probably have to wait until they returned to see the results. As they finished their conversation, Riko left the girl to go discuss with Hyuuga who would be in the practice match. As she was checking her notes, Nakamura noticed Takao had approached her, his usual playful smirk on his face. Wondering what he wanted now, she greeted him and thanked him once more for saving her the other night. He just laughed and said it was no problem, saying he was glad he was able to help her somehow.

"But now that I've done something for you, don't you think you should do something for me?"

"I guess, but it depends on if it's reasonable or not. What do you want me to do?"

Takao smirk got larger as he was able to get her to agree so easily.

"Well since you mentioned it, I want you to make Shin-chan miss a basket during today's practice match."

"Make him miss a basket? That's it?"

"Yup. That's it. He always makes his shots when he isn't marked by him and I want to see him miss just once. I could do it, but his reaction would probably even better if it's you. Doesn't seem like he'd expect it from you."

"Hmmm. Well it's true he probably wouldn't expect it. I've only made him flustered a few times during middle school but it was only in front of our captain. I've never done it in front of such a large group, nevermind during a practice match."

As she tried to think about how to mess up Midorima's rhythm, Takao laughed to himself, excited to see how Nakamura would get Midorima to miss. As the referee called both teams to line, Nakamura walked over to Riko as Takao had gone onto the court to join Shutoku. Asking her what she was talking about with Takao, Nakamura responded by saying she owed him a favor and had to do it during the practice match. Confused with what she meant by 'during the practice match', Riko turned her attention back to the match as she heard the referee blow the whistle, indicating the game was starting. 

~Time Skip~

The fourth quarter began, Shutoku in the lead 85-78. Impressed with how they were doing, Nakamura looked up from her notes as she looked at Takao. Knowing that she said had the 'favor' to do, she tried to think of how she could get Midorima to mess up.

I don't know anything that could faze Shintaro. He doesn't have a poker face like Tetsuya but he was pretty serious most of the time. The only time he let his true emotions show was when he was annoyed by something......... Wait, then what did I tease him for during the meetings with Seijurou? ......... What was it.......... OH!

Remembering the one thing that always caused him to fluster, she waited for Midorima to have the ball before she could do what she wanted. With only a minute left in the game, she was getting restless, wondering why Midorima wasn't taking any shots yet. Seeing Takao make a pass at Midorima, she left out a sigh of relief as he got into his shooting position. Cupping her hands around her mouth, she shouted what she always said in the meetings. "YOU'RE SO HANDSOME AND SMART, MIDORIMA SHINTARO!!! I LOVE YOU!!!"

Midorima felt his heartbeat quickening as his face turned into a tomato from hearing such an embarassing (and unexpected) comment. Losing his form, the ball missed the basket by a long shot, surprising everyone as Kagami wasn't even in the game. Nakamura blushed and covered her face with her clipboard, seeing as everyone was looking at her for shouting something so random during a match, while Takao was dying on the floor, holding his stomach from laughing too much. 

"OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE BEST HAHAHAHAHA THAT WAS BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT'D BE!"

Takao had to wipe the tears that were coming out. As if they were put in a trance, everyone suddenly snapped out of it remembering that they were still in a match. Seeing there was still thirty seconds left, Seirin had tried their hardest to defend but had still lost to Shutoku, 82-91. As the teams lined and bowed to one another, Nakamura walked up to Midorima, wanting to apologize for her actions, when Takao had thrown his arm around her shoulders, laughing.

"Shintaro, I'm sorry."

"What do you think you were doing nanodayo?!?!"

"Sorry! Sorry! But Takao-kun had asked me to do it as a way to return a favor."

"TAKAO!!!"

Midorima felt his annoyance rise as not only did he miss, Nakamura had shouted something so embarassing and Takao was acting a little too 'friendly' for his liking.

"Hahahahaha it was worth it Shin-chan! Thanks for doing that Nakamura-san!"

"Haha no problem? I do feel bad for Shintaro being the target though. Anyways, I should catch up with my team. Sorry again Shintaro!"

Pushing Takao off of her, she left the gymnasium in a hurry, trying to catch up with the team. After she was out of sight, Midorima went to help Shutoku clean up after the match, but not before telling Takao, "You shouldn't be so casual with a girl nanodayo." Takao only laughed when hearing that comment, throwing his arms behind his head as he followed Midorima to help as well.

As she caught up with the team outside, Kuroko slipped past the members to stand next to Nakamura, asking her what she was trying to do during the match. Her cheeks turned warm, embarassed by what she did, and told him she was returning a favor to Takao because he helped her out the other night. Asking what Takao did, her face got redder and she turned her head away. Sure they were childhood friends and were open with one another, and Kuroko knew how the female body worked, but he'd forget that it's EVERY month and wouldn't remember unless she told him when it was her time. Telling him in a small whisper that it was her time of the month again, she told him how Takao had helped her when she was stuck in the common area.

Realizing that's why she hasn't been feeling well recently, Kuroko told her that she should tell him if she needed anything. With a small blush on her face, she thanked him and they both turned their attention to the team, who were standing in front of trash cans full of ice. 

"It's my special icing technique. It's great for sore muscles and fatigue!"

Suddenly remembering their conversation last night, Nakamura was about to ask Kuroko what he was going to say when the team members got into the trash cans, muttering under their breath how tough Riko's icing 'technique' was. Without hesitation, Riko pulled out her paper fan, telling them if they had complaints that they should be a man and say it to her face. Nakamura just laughed as she watched the team struggle to handle the cold, giving a smile and telling Kuroko good luck. Kuroko didn't let it show on his face but he was surprised to hear Nakamura laugh. Although it was short and it wasn't where she was on the floor laughing, she seemed happier. Without realizing it, Kuroko had a soft smile on his face as he noticed his childhood friend's old personality slowly coming back.

I'm glad we had this training camp