The Best Play

"Pushing! White, Number 10! Free throws! Two shots!"

Kagami stood up and tried to catch his breath as he apologized to Kise for how rough he was with blocking him.

"The only times we could be fated to lose are in fictional stories. This is our drama! We decide what the plot will be!"

"Kagami..."

Hyuuga walked over and placed his hand on Kagami's shoulder as he tried to hold back his laughter.

"That line... is so corny!"

Kagami's face immediately flushed bright red when Kuroko had also approached him.

"How can you say something so corny? Whose mouth said that?"

"You're the one who always mouths off, 'I'm a shadow!'"

"This is our drama! This is our drama!"

"Don't repeat it!"

Nakamura gripped her notebook as her shoulders shook uncontrollably while everyone made fun of Kagami.

I never would have thought Kagami-kun would say something like that

"Kagami, I didn't know you could write for dramas. Amazing."

"And you stay quiet."

Riko stood up with a smile and called a time out for the time being.

"Seirin, time out!"

The teams headed back to their benches and Nakamura and Furihata passed out towels as Fukuda and Kawahara gave out water bottles to their players.

"Coach. I think that there is a way to defeat the Perfect Copy. By predicting what moves Kise-kun will use."

The team was surprised at Kuroko's statement as they thought that the Perfect Copy would be unbeatable.

"Is such a thing possible?"

"I'm not sure if it's possible, but I think that the potential is there. Its strength is recreating the Generation of Miracles' moves and to combine them or use them separately depending on the situation. A recreation means each one is the same as those of the Generation of Miracles we've faced. And we have one player who's been toe to toe with all of them, if not better."

The team widened their eyes in surprise as they remembered Kagami has played against four of the Generation of Miracle members already. Koganei asked if Kuroko wanted to be subbed out and observe from the bench, but the phantom player turned down the idea.

"Nakamura-san."

"Huh?"

Nakamura stopped putting the water bottles away as she faced Kuroko.

"You've been writing down what moves Kise-kun has been using with his Perfect Copy, right?"

"Yeah, but he switches and combines the members' skills so quickly that I can barely scribble down what plays he uses."

Walking over to where she set down her things, Nakamura picked up her clipboard and gave Kuroko the notes she had written down during the game. Kuroko glanced through it before asking Riko, "From here on, I want to watch Kise-kun more than ever from close by. I don't think I'll be of any use for a while, but could I stay on the court?"

"... All right. It's unfortunate, but I don't see Kise-kun's stamina running out."

Hyuuga stood up from the bench as he said, "In any case, we have to stop Kise to win! That means we have to entrust that role to Kuroko."