Is He Okay?

With only one minute left in the third quarter, Seirin watched as Shutoku took the lead in the game, 68-75. As Midorima got into his shooting position once more, Kiyoshi screamed for Kagami, only to see the boy heavily breathing. Realizing he was out of stamina, Kiyoshi tried his best to block Midorima, but he was too late as Midorima had already released the ball. Watching the ball go into the basket, Nakamura continued to analyze Midorima, impressed with how the player has evolved.

"Shintaro's changed a lot."

Hearing the girl mutter that to herself, Takao was surprised and thought about it as the game continued. With fourty three seconds left in the third quarter, Kuroko approached Riko, asking to be subbed in so he could support Kagami. Telling the referees about the member change, everyone hoped that Kuroko would be able to change the flow of the game.

As the game resumed, Seirin backed off on their run-and-gun offense basketball style and dropped their pace, waiting for the right moment so Kuroko could perform his new drive. If they had continued with their run-and-gun offense basketball style after bringing in their trump card, they would have risked completely losing the flow of the game, which was something they couldn't afford in the second half. 

Izuki passed the ball to Hyuuga, who then passed the ball to Kiyoshi. Finding Kuroko on the court, Kiyoshi made eye contact with him and Kuroko knew it was his chance. Breaking away from Takao, Kuroko continued to run forward as Kagami created a screen for him. Taking on Midorima, Kuroko caught the ball as Kiyoshi made the pass, worrying all the Shutoku members that something was going to happen. 

As Midorima kept his attention on the ball, Kuroko took the chance to perform his Vanishing Drive. Getting past the shooter, Otsubo had stepped in and blocked Kuroko, only to see him pass the ball to Kiyoshi who then dunked the ball into their basket. 

As the third quarter ended, Seirin was excited to see Kuroko help them get back eight points, letting them be tied with Shutoku, 76-76. Taking their break on the bench, everyone could tell that Kagami was overexerting himself by marking Midorima, his entire body drenched in sweat. Izuki asked him if he was alright and Kagami confirmed that he was. After all, he wasn't going to allow himself to give up before Midorima did.

As the fourth quarter began, Seirin started off with their run-and-gun style, everyone continuously passing to each other in a second. As Seirin approached their basket, Miyaji tried to intercept a pass that Izuki had thrown to Hyuuga, only to forget about Kuroko and his specialty. The Shutoku member couldn't hide his surprise, seeing Kuroko suddenly change the path of the ball to Kagami, who didn't hesitate to dunk it into their basket. 

Izuki-senpai and Kiyoshi-senpai's passes were quick before, but with Tetsuya now, their rhythm can suddenly change to fit the scenario

The game continued, getting more and more fast paced as both teams weren't backing down. Seiring was barely in the lead, 103-102, but there was only thirty seconds left in the game. Watching Kimura steal the ball from Izuki, everyone watched as Kuroko had surprisingly caught the ball. Using his Vanishing Drive, Kuroko was able to get past Takao and pass the ball to Kiyoshi as Otsubo had attempted to block the blue-haired player. Attempting to jump, Nakamura noticed the second of hesitation he had before actually jumping.

Forcing his jump, Kiyoshi had almost made the dunk when Midorima had jumped up to block him. Bumping into Kiyoshi midair, Midorima was fouled while Kiyoshi had done his best to throw the ball in, only to miss the basket. 

Having two free shots, Kiyoshi was able to make his first free shot, bringing the score to a tie again, 104-104. As everyone on Seirin's bench cheered, Nakamura frowned as she studied his expression, seeing pain flash by on his face for a second before it disappeared again.