First Match of the Inter-High Championship

"Coach, I've brought the copies of the championship league."

"Sounds good. Do you think you could pass them out to everyone? Hey guys! The names of all the schools appearing in the championship league are out! As you can see, A block is us, B block is Touou Academy, C block is Meisei, and D block is Senshinkan. These four schools will compete to represent our region."

"Until last year, the Tokyo representatives always included the three kings: Shutoku, Seiho, and Senshinkan."

"I've been thinking......We beat two of those teams, right? Do you think we could make it all the way this year?"

Oh no he said it

"But if we lose to the other king with Momoi and Aomine, if we beat the others!"

"It's not Senshinkan. Those two go to Touou Academy."

"WHAT?!"

"I thought all the Generation of Miracles went to well-known schools! I thought he would have gone to a strong school like Midorima."

"Nakamura checked and I looked it up, so I'm sure."

"I've never heard of them."

Looking at her data, Nakamura told them, "Their history isn't impressive, but they've been putting energy into their scouting efforts recently. They've been recruiting promising athletes from all over the country. In the last few years, they've rapidly improved, and this year's line up is comparable to Shutoku's."

Planning on continuing with information on the players, she was cut off when Kagami greeted everyone in the gym, arriving late from cleaning up the classroom. Nigou barked, which got Riko's attention, her realizing something and looking at Kagami's feet. Not knowing what was wrong, Nakamura watched Riko walk up to Kagami while looking at his feet, asking him if he's played baskeball recently.

I'll pray for you Kagami-kun

Everyone watched Riko grab Kagami's head and made him bow to her, lecturing him, "Are your ears just for decoration?!" After sending him to get a hot pad from the nurse's office with Kuroko, Riko could only grit her teeth as it meant Kagami still needed to sit out for practice. Attempting to relax her, Hyuuga tried switching the topic to who their first opponent was.

"I'm mad because we won't have Kagami-kun! Our first game is against Touou Academy!"

Everyone sat in silence, taking in that information as they realized they would have to face a member of the Generation of Miracles again. Speaking up, Nakamura decided to continue on from where she was cut off earlier, telling them the data she collected about Touou Academy.

"They may have a member of the Generation of Miracles, but Dai- Aomine-kun isn't the only person that we need to be careful of. The other starting members are just as skilled as he is.

Imayoshi Shoichi-san. Touou's captain and point guard. He's extremely quick on his feet, being able to set a scoring play in motion with only a few passes. He's unpredictable and can perform difficult moves out of nowhere. He may be the point guard, but he can shoot three pointers with no problem and has a success rate as high as Hyuuga-senpai's.

Susa Yoshinori-san. Touou's vice-captain and small forward. He was the power forward of the team until Aomine-kun entered Touou Academy. He's an all-rounded player, his skills on par with ace's of average teams.

Wakamatsu Kousuke-san. Touou's center player. He's skilled in both offense and defense, his physical abilities on par with Kagami-kun as he's known for his strength and speed. He does well with blocking shots and usually only makes shots on the inside.

Sakurai Ryo-san. Touou's shooting guard. Along with Aomine-kun, he's the only other first year that's on the starting line up. He's quick with stealing and is known for his quick-release three pointers. It's the usual form for shooting, but because he releases the ball abnormally quicker than the average player, it's much harder to defend. He's also one of those players that improves as the game continues, getting quicker and more accurate with his shots.

Aomine Daiki-kun. Touou's ace and power forward. He's extremely fast, agile, and skillful, being able to get past the strongest defense. He's able to change his speed and direction of movement in a split second, performing quick crossovers. He also makes shots without any uniformed positions, called "Formless Shots.", and can make them from any position on the court. He's mainly a solo player though, and doesn't make passes to his teammates even if he's in a pinch."

As she finished reading off of her clipboard, she took a drink of water as Riko explained to the team the training plans Nakamura and her had come up with.

~ Day of the Match ~

With 15 minutes to go before the match began, everyone formed a circle around Riko, getting a pep talk before heading out to the court.

"Is everyone ready? Only three out of four schools will be going to the Inter-High! Just like Koganei-kun said, it doesn't seem difficult at first glance. However...."

Everyone backed away from Koganei as Izuki and Mitobe held his arms back to keep him from running, earning a slap from Riko with her paper fan.

"If you think we can lose one because it's a league game, we're finished! It comes down to now! We will win this game! Seirin, FIGHT!"

"YEAH!"

As they finished shouting, they grabbed their things and headed to the court to warm up. Looking around, Seirin noticed that Aomine wasn't there with them, so Kagami had decided to walk up to one of the members and ask where he was.

"Excuse me, where's Aomine?"

"That self-centered bastard is running late."

"Wha?!"

"Sorry. We're actually in a bind without him too. He said he'd show up around the second half. I guess ya could call us the opening act. Hope ya guys go easy on us."

Nakamura could only scoff when hearing that Aomine would be late. What an asshole. As she went to sit down on the bench, she was surprised when a Touou Academy player had approached her, immediately recognizing him as the captain, Imayoshi Shoichi. She looked up to make eye contact with him (if he bothered to open his eyes ._. ), wondering what he needed from her.

"You're Nakamura right? The girl that went to Teiko with Aomine and Momoi."

"Yes I am. Can I help you with something?"

"Oh nothing much. I was just slightly interested in ya. Momoi's been talking about ya since she went to scout Seirin."

"Ah, well we haven't met in a while and she probably didn't expect me to be at Seirin. But don't you think calling yourselves the opening act ealier was rude? I know your starting line is capable of winning without Daiki."

"Ehhh? I wasn't lying. Ya'll know once Aomine gets here. We're cute little kids compared to him."

"I would like to think that I know now based on my data."

"Heh. You collect data too? Sorry to say this but it looks like Seirin's losing this round then. We've got Momoi as our manager and nobody could beat her."

Nakamura chuckled as she turned around, throwing a smirk over her shoulder as she said, "Who do you think taught Satsuki the skills she has now?" Having nothing more to discuss, she headed back to the bench as the teams warmed up for their match. Watching her walk away, Imayoshi's smirk got a little bigger as he laughed a little to himself. 

She's not bad

Note: I know Imayoshi speaks with a Kansai dialect but I had no idea how to change the conversation to reflect his dialect so sorry, it probably seemed a little weird.