⊞ ii ⊞

after yesterday's embarrassing meeting, mark decided he should probably invest in some curtains.

only problem was, he didn't have much money saved that he wasn't planning to blow on clothes, food, and games.

now, he's been living in this house for the past two years, so why didn't he already have curtains?

easy, he loved to be woken up by the warm sunlight as it shone in through his window, ready to start a new day—

no, he was just lazy as fuck.

no one— at least no one sane— enjoyed being woken up by a bright white ball of fire at the ass crack of dawn, but mark hated installing things more.

guess those curtains would just have to keep waiting.

he tugged his blanket over his head with a groan when he felt his eyelids being burnt through by the gleam of the sun.

"fuck me," he muttered, pushing the covers off of himself and gracefully throwing himself to the carpet as a means to wake himself up. 

at least he never needed an alarm for school.

he yawned, running his hand through his hair as he stood up with a slow blink. he squinted at the wind blowing in through his open window.

he didn't mean to, but his eyes drifted to look through his neighbor's window at the person sleeping there.

oh my god he's cute, he thought with a start.

his sleeping neighbor opened his eyes, and lo and behold, they made direct eye contact.

he quirked a brow at mark, and mark felt his face burn as he looked away.

"...i wasn't staring at you sleep!" he quickly defended, before realizing that that was what a person that did stare at someone sleeping would say.

he was really digging himself into a hole here.

mark ran off to get ready without waiting for a response.