⊞ xvi ⊞

"how do i tell him i'm in love with him?" mark begged as he threw his lunch carelessly onto the table.

"oh, so now you care?" jaemin sulked before throwing a fry at his friend.

"shut up and tell me." he picked up the fry and ate it. what? food was food; he wasn't going to pass it up just because it hit him in the face first.

"those are two contradictory statements."

"you could have jaemin do it. worked for me and le." jisung pointed out, having decided to sit with them for the day instead of with the dance clique.

"ugh, fine! just tell him. that's literally it." jaemin rolled his eyes and drenched his next fry in ketchup.

"what if he hates me?"

"i will throw this ketchup covered fry at your face," jaemin threatened. renjun snickered in amusement.

mark sunk down in his seat, grabbing jeno's arm to protect his head.

"i'm just asking! he probably doesn't like guys, you know? it'll be awkward... and when would i tell him? what happens when he rejects me?"

"don't say when he rejects you! he won't."

"plus, he's at least a little gay." jisung cut in.

"how do you know?"

"yeji was all over him for a while, and she's pretty—"

chenle huffed.

"not as pretty as le, but it's a universally agreed upon fact, and he always pushed her away."

mark twiddled with the glasses he had chosen to wear that day, "he's probably just not into her."

"he also stares at you during lunch sometimes."

the blond choked at that, coughing his lungs out for a good minute, "what the— really?"

"yeah, he just watched you cough like you were trying to get rid of your organs a second ago."

mark covered his head with his hands, "fuck me and my embarrassing ass."