⊞ xi ⊞

"how is there this much rain?" donghyuck whined when he entered his bedroom.

"the water cycle."

"yeah, but doesn't it get a little suspicious how these huge ass clouds are floating?" donghyuck rambled on, "and then boom! they drop a billion tons of water onto the ground like it's nothing? i'm starting to think clouds are fake."

"and i'm starting to think you're an idiot," mark retorted, though he couldn't help the fond smile that graced his lips.

donghyuck snorted, "like we didn't already know that."

mark rummaged through his backpack, looking for his favorite pencil when he felt something hit his arm and fall into his bag.

"ow!"

"it's food. eat it," the brunet demanded as he stared intensely at the older.

"um... why?"

he shrugged, "i made it. watching people i care about eat makes me happy."

mark wanted to die, but this time from happiness. "you care about me?" he smiled brightly.

donghyuck rolled his eyes, "don't get too far up your own ass. it was also my first attempt at not burning the house down while baking, so—"

"donghyuck!" it was the same man as before. the playful glint in said boy's eyes disappeared.

"i'll make it quick. close your window; i don't want you getting wet."

mark's face pinched in worry, but he complied. he would wait for donghyuck anyday.