⊞ xx ⊞

"so did you finally confess?"

mark shook his head; he had bigger problems to worry about right now.

he wasn't one to break promises, but if it was for someone's safety...

he explained what donghyuck told him.

it was silent for a while after.

"i think... i think i'm gonna cry," chenle choked out. jisung wrapped his arm around him in comfort.

"you need to call the police."

"yeah, but if donghyuck denies it then..."

"fuck." mark slammed his fist on the table. "i just want him to be safe."

jeno scratched at the table in thought, "let's ask taeyong."

they exited the cafeteria to outside and hid behind some bleachers, renjun explaining to jisung that taeyong was their friend that had shown them the ropes about highschool a few years back, before going off to college himself.

jeno called him.

"highschoolers?"

"taeyong!" they all exclaimed. said boy was a soft sweetheart that took anyone under his wing for protection, having helped all of them previously. yet, they still couldn't help teasing him for his cute reactions.

"what's up?"

they explained the situation to him, chenle on the verge of tears once more, and mark trying not to go blind with anger.

"i'm really sorry if this is a bad idea..." taeyong hummed a bit in thought, "mark, you said you could hear him being... injured, right?"

"unfortunately and fortunately."

"you could... wait till the yelling starts again and then call the police in the midst of it?"

mark winced, donghyuck would get hurt again, and who knew how much of the abuse wasn't being loudly projected for him to hear?

"again, sorry if it's a bad idea. it's the only one i got."

"no, it's not. thanks, tae. it's better than anything we could've thought of."

"yeah, i guess going to college finally taught you something!" renjun teased, lightening the mood.

"well, i think i'd have to attribute most of that to johnny."

"your boyfriend?"

"he's not— he's just my tutor—"

"that you're in love with? okay, thanks for clarifying! bye, tae!" jaemin hung up before taeyong could get in another word to defend himself against the accusations.