Doubts

The smell of food whiffed the entire house. Adriel's commitment towards his workout sessions was utterly shocking. He lifted and crouched and squatted into the lonely night. His room was big enough for many equipments for his daily routines. He stopped, with a wet, silky like body and brushed the sweat off his eyebrows.

The shower dripped with a hot sensation on his body. He shampooed his hair and thought about Jazmine. The footage played in his head over and over again. What was he thinking? He let a low sigh. Probably she hates me now or thinks I'm weird. He brushed the thought aside and finished bathing.

I hope Adriel likes this, Jazmine smiled as she spread mint leaves and garlic on the seasoned chicken. Poor chicken, Jazmine stared at the lifeless soul that was chopped into pieces and thrown into the pot. I really like the boy, she stared outside, deep into her thoughts.

Adriel entered the kitchen with his AirPods on. He stared briefly at Jazmine then stared at the fruit basket he was aiming at. She breathed heavily in his presence but with his music on loud, he never heard a thing. Jazmine looked away and continued serving food. Adriel stared at her with his apple in his hand, and looked away. Jazmine then stared back at Adriel who was busy on his phone, leaving the room.

Adriel muttered furiously. I knew it, she hates me now.
Probably he hates me for making things awkward between us, she sighed as she grabbed the huge tray.

The whole family was seated at the dining table with their faces staring hungrily at Jazmine's tray with variety of foods.
"How was your day guys?" Abigail served her rice and passed on the dish.
"It was good," Adriel spoke out.
Jazmine stepped in the dining room with a metal dish and warm water for them to wash their hands.

Adriel was washing his hands when his mother called out.
"I noticed the tire marks, did you go out?" She cut the chicken with a sharp knife.
It was Adriel's spotlight now. All eyes were on him.
"Ah yes," he scratched his head, " I went out with Kim for ice-cream," he finished.
Jazmine stared at him, shocked at the freedom he gets of discussing girlfriends with his parents.

"Wonderful," Abigail smiled, "how is she?"
"She's alright," he responded.
"Now," the father, Trevor folded the newspaper and stared square into his son's eyes, "what kind of  ice-cream flavor," he smiled and shook Adriel's body by the shoulder.
Everyone laughed at the seriousness he portrayed at first.
"Strawberry," Adriel continued laughing and noticed Jazmine leaving the dining room.
She looked back and continued staring at Adriel. They never stopped staring at each other.

"Mom!" Kiara screamed.
Everyone paid attention.
"Can I go to my friend's house next week?"
"Sure sweetheart," she responded calmly, "but won't your brother be lonely, I mean we're coming back after two weeks."
Adriel stared at his sister and nodded in agreement.
"I'll be fine," Adriel brushed it aside and smiled faintly.

Adriel excused himself and left the dining room.
"Looks like we'll be together," Adriel entered the kitchen where Jazmine was eating.
Jazmine gulped the juice and cleaned her hands on her apron.
"Yes," she covered her mouth to finish chewing.
She placed her plate speedily into the sink and took some water. Everything happened so fast as if she was being timed to clean the kitchen under a minute. She never met Adriel's gaze.
"Hey," Adriel approached her calmly.
He held the water glass she clamped in her shaky hand. She finally met his gaze. They kept staring at each other.
"Is everything okay?" He whispered.

"Guys," Kim entered the kitchen.
Adriel and Jazmine broke their bond to stare wide eyed at Kim holding the door.
"Mom wants you guys to grab the dishes in the dining," she said hesitantly staring at both of them.
"I'll be right there," Adriel smiled.
"Right," she heaved and vanished.
Adriel stared once more at Jazmine's scared eyes and gave her space for her to breathe.
"Ummm," Adriel scratched his hair, "sorry for today."

"We're friends," she smiled, "it's okay," she turned her back to clean the dishes.
"Hey," Adriel held her arm for attention.
She gasped and gazed at Adriel's  marble eyes.
"Ye..s," she stammered.
"Don't tell my girlfriend about today," he exhaled sharply.
"I got you, friend," she smiled at him.
He smiled back and punched her lightly on the shoulder.
"I owe you one," he retreated, facing her and finally headed towards the exit door.
She stopped washing the dishes for a moment and stared at the door.

This was going to be really hard for Jazmine to suppress the feelings she has for the one and only, Adriel Jones