DANCES

CHAPTER 14

DANCES

"Hey Lavender, zip me up would you?"

"On it."

"Lyra, pass me the Sleekeazy Potion."

"Catch!"

"Parvati, can you clip my necklace."

"Yeah, hold on."

The Gryffindor girl's dormitory was in full chaos as the five girls, plus Zara bustled around, getting ready. They had begun getting ready at 5 o'clock and by 7 they were beginning to leave the common room.

Parvati was the first one done, after Zara had done her hair. And left early, as she needed to met the champions. She was followed by Hermione, who had taken longer with the frizz in her hair, but looked beautiful when her hair had been curled into an elegant bun.

Next was Lavender, who met Seamus and Dean in the common room. Lyra heard Lavender say that they were meeting up with Dean's Ravenclaw date.

Then Fay, Lyra, and Zara finished. Fay had chosen a shimmering, lavender gown that was off the shoulders and had a large ball gown skirt. Zara had a simple, pastel-rainbow colored dress with a tulle material and a plunging neckline.

And Lyra had worn a sea-foam green gown with a long tulle skirt. It had an illusion, plunging neckline with shimmering patterns of swirls and stars covering the skirt and top. A tulle cape of the same color was draped across her shoulders. Her mom's pearl necklace glittered on her neck and she kept grabbing it.

When they walked down to the common room they met Katie and a few other 6th year girls. Zara's smile disappeared for a while after seeing Fred and Angelina walking together to the ball.

Together, the girls had walked down to the Great Hall, passing by the champions, who waited at the entrance and waving to Parvati and Hermione.

The Hall had been decorated extravagantly, with walls of  glittery, silver frost and the ceiling covered with mistletoe and ivy. The group sat at one of the round, lantern-lit tables that had replaced the House tables.

As the students and professors settled, the plates began to fill with each student's preferred food. The Hall filled with chatter as everyone spoke with their groups. The girls had been sat with a few Beauxbatons girls, and they hit it off pretty well, enjoying the company.

Eventually Dumbledore stood and everyone followed his lead. With a wave of his arm the tables had been cleared, leaving a large dance floor and a raised platform with instruments. Lyra felt Zara's grip tighten on her arm as the Weird Sisters trooped to the stage. She turned to her friend with a large smile, just as excited.

The lanterns began to go out as the champions stepped onto the floor and the slow tune began. Lyra could see Harry struggling to keep up with Parvati's dancing, Roger Davis almost tripping over himself at Fleur's smile, while Krum and Hermione along with Cedric and Cho danced gracefully across the floor.

Soon other students and professors joined the floor. Neville and Ginny, Dumbledore and Madame Maxine, Moody and Professor Sinistra.

Lyra turned to Zara, ready to tease the professors' awkward dancing, but froze when she saw the frown aimed towards the dancing Fred and Angelina.