PRISONER

CHAPTER 28

PRISONER

Lyra's return to school had been relieving in a way. She had gone home with her dad for the last few days of break and decided to go back to Hogwarts on the train, on the day of return. It was mostly empty with only a few students from each year as many chose other methods. The excitement to see Zara, Fay, and... Blaise again had been overpowering towards the last few days and with a heartfelt goodbye to Elliot and Sirius who had shown up as well, she was back on the train looking for any of the three.

In fact, Lyra had made sure specifically to wear Blaise's earrings and have her hair tied back, keeping them on full display. However, Zara was the first she found, leaping into her arms and laughing as they tumbled against the glass of a full compartment. The girls moved to reach an empty one, finally finding Fay in one and joining her.

"Hey!" Lyra said, lunging at her and knocking their heads against the train's glass windows.

"Ouch... Hey!" Fay said, hugging back then going to Zara as well. "How were your breaks?"

"Pretty good,"

"Great. Yours?"

"Eh," she shrugged, "they weren't around most of the time and I got a bunch of gifts as compensation."

"Nice." Lyra said with a snort. "By the way I loved your gifts. Fay I already filled like a third of the book and Zara I took so many pictures during the break, you have to tell your parents 'thank you' from me.

"Well, your welcome." Zara said with a wink.

"Yours were great too, Lyra. Thank you."

Before Lyra could answer her gaze turned to the compartment door, where outside stood Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott. Nott with a smirk and Blaise with a shy smile, looking at Lyra's earrings.

"Something we can help you with, Zabini, Nott?" Fay said when the boys stayed at the door.

"Not at all, Dunbar?" Nott snarled back. "Let's go, Blaise."

"Mhmm," The boy hummed, but his eyes stayed focused on Lyra.

Finally, Nott managed to push him along, muttering so only Blaise and Lyra could hear, "Mate, stop staring at your girl and move, you look like a loon."

For a second Lyra could only focus on said loon and how pretty he had gotten after the break, until she realized what Nott had said. Your girl. First, it made her blush to know that Blaise referred to her that way. Second, it shocked her that Nott knew about her and Blaise at all without sneering at her or trying anything, in fact he seemed amused by it.

"Er- I need to run to the bathroom. Be right back." She said and the girls nodded before she quickly left, following the path of the guys. But they seemed to have disappeared from the hallways.

She was ready to return to her compartment in defeat when she was pulled into one with it's curtains drawn. Instinctively, she pulled her arm back and curled her fist before shooting it forward, punching hard into someone's gut.

"Urg," her boyfriend groaned, doubling over in pain.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, Blaise, are you alright?" She said, holding at his shoulders, trying to lift his head up from it's doubled over position.

"Yeah," he said, wheezing. "I'm alright."

"Are you sure? I'm so sorry!" He quickly pulled himself up and leant down again to kiss her softly.

"Well it hurts like a bitch, but I'll survive. You really need to show me how you punch so well." He said after pulling away.

"Mhmm," Lyra muttered back, a bit dazed from his kiss.