Chapter 13

*Lily's POV*
Last night was a long one. Every time I drifted off to sleep, I awoke with the same image in my head. The image of my mum, pale and lifeless in the front seat of the car. The picture of my dad, screaming in pain, blood gushing everywhere. It kept me awake all night. I tossed and turned until about 5:30am when I finally gave up.

I lay in my bed, looking up at the ceiling. The same bed I had slept in almost every night for the past six years. It was creaky and the mattress had springs poking out but it was the place I felt safe. When I was smaller, I would hide under the covers or bury my head in the pillows when I was petrified of people coming to get me.

I wondered what would happen when I moved out to Zoe's and Alfie's house. Somebody else would move into my bedroom. I just hoped that person wouldn't have to go through the six years of sleepless nights which I had had been through.

I thought back to the previous bedrooms in other people's houses. I had been to live with five families in the past six years, most of them being when I was younger. Three of which abused me and the other two decided they didn't want me after a couple of weeks. All of the rooms I had slept in were pretty much the same. A bed, a chest of drawers and a wardrobe, some didn't even have that. The white walls, small windows, creaky floorboards, all brought back rather unpleasant memories.

I tried to swat these thoughts away and think about the day ahead of me. I was meeting Zoe and Alfie again. I knew they were serious about adopting me. This was the first time someone had thought it out properly and arranged visits, without just chucking me into a new house on the first day. What were we going to do? Were they going to take me out? Would we go back to their house? Part of me wanted to be brave and show them that I wasn't just some sad, troubled kid and I could have fun. But the other half of me was so petrified about meeting them again. What if they had gone off me? Or what if they thought I was pathetic for what I had told them last time?

I wasn't as scared about going to their house because I knew what it looked like and I knew where rooms were situated, due to me watching their vlogs. It still seemed very surreal that I was getting adopted by celebrities. Not just that, they were my idols, my inspiration and now they were going to be my adoptive parents. What?

I lay in bed for a long time, until my alarm went off at 7:30am. Zoe and Alfie weren't coming until 1:30pm, so I had a lot of time. I always like to get up early because I don't have to rush and I can take as much time as I need to shower, dress and do my makeup/hair.

Author's Note!
Firstly, thank you all so much for 1k reads! I was amazed when I came home from school to see that!

Also, I am very sorry that I haven't been updating all that often. I am really busy with school work because it's that time of the season when we have assessments in basically every subject throughout the same week so I have been revising a lot!

Thank you! X