Chapter Thirty

"Move! Snape coming through! Move your arses 'fore I move 'em for you!" I snapped at the lineup of students. 

Many of the young ones moved quickly out of my way. But the older ones seemed to have gotten braver over the summer. I noticed one boy, probably a Gryffindor. He glared at me, with crossed arms and feet shoulder width apart. He stood much taller than me, as I wasn't all that tall. I stood at about mid-chest to him. I put down Ross' cage and my trunk.

"Didn't I say to move?" I asked him.

"You can't order me around, I'm not your friend."

Something inside me clicked. Was it the fact that he was a Gryffindor? Or the face that he was defying my orders? Whatever it was, my blood heated up quickly. I got a burst of adrenaline and I felt like I towered over the tall boy.

"Listen here, 'buddy'," I started, "I told you to move. Do I look like the type of person who accepts defiance against my orders?" I asked him.

"You don't scare me. What is a small girl going to do to me?" He asked with a cocky chuckle.

The fact that he thought he could humiliate me on the platform was ridiculous, especially because he didn't know who I really was and what I did for a living.

"May I remind you and everybody on this platform that I have started school a year early, I have been in advanced potions for years, I have been to Ilvermorny, which is in America, in my fifth year and proved to be the smartest and most powerful witch there. I was in my fifth year and was in the seventh year potions and charms. I am not someone you want to argue with." I explained loud and clear for everyone around us.

"Like, I said, you don't scare me." He said.

I gave a swift slap across his face before the quiet voices around us started to pipe up again. 

"I would never lay a hand on a lady, but you're pushing my buttons." He said, rubbing his cheek.

"We wouldn't be having this argument if you moved when I told you to." I said to him.

"Why don't you just learn to wait like everyone else?" He asked.

"Do I look like I have the time to just wait?" I snapped at him.

"We all have time. You're no one special. You can do what everyone else is doing and wait at the back of the line."

Without thinking, I pulled a wand from each pocket. One wand per hand. He took at quick step back from me. The voices got louder around us.

"My name is Raven Lily Snape. I am the daughter of your Headmaster. I am the daughter of a potions master. I am the daughter of a DADA professor. I am not a nobody. I am someone with higher meaning to this school than anyone else here. Now, move yourself from my path before I do it myself. And it won't be pretty." I ordered him.

He took a glimpse of my Ollivanders wand, then my Ilvermorny wand. Two very different wands, both with intimidating traits. I held my wand up to him and flicked it to the side.

"Move." I told him.

Reluctantly, he slowly stepped out of my way. I put my wands back into my pockets and picked up my trunk and bird cage.

"Raven's back! Raven's back!" Ross squawked loudly. 

"I am back." I whispered proudly as I walked to the front of the crowd of people and handed the train staff my trunk.

"The bird, miss?" The man asked.

"Oh, Ross stays with me." I told him, "but you can take his cage!"