Chapter Thirty-Three

I stood behind my father as students walked into the Great Hall in the late hours of the night. Every house separated from the other in the Hall. Amycus and Alecto Carrow stood behind my father and me in front of the students.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour." My father started, "It's come to my attention that earlier this evening Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmead."

The students whispered amongst themselves until my father spoke up again.

"Now, should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potter they will be punished in a matter consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty. Now then, if any one here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward. Now." My father said, beginning to walk down the center aisle.

I joined him in the walk, glaring at the students I passed. The hall was quiet. You could hear a pin drop if it were to happen. I looked around and watched as a student began to step forward. The gasps from the hall said everything before I could get a good look as to who it was.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, we still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster." Potter's voice said to my father as a large group of witches and wizards walked through the doors of the Hall.

"Let me have him." I whispered, taking a step forward and pulling my Hogwarts wand out of my pocket.

My father held his arm in front of me, making me stop.

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive." Potter said, "How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it happened that night!" His attention turned to me, "Tell them how you looked him in the eye, your headmaster, the man who knew of your potential and who wanted to help you, and you killed him! Tell them."

In an instant, my father pulled out his wand and pointed it at Potter. I pointed my wand a split second later. I watched the scene unfold as Professor McGonagall stepped in front of Potter. Every student ran to either side of the Hall, myself unincluded. I stood next to my father. The man I would stand by until we were separated by death. I glared at Potter, then McGonagall. My father hesitated when he saw McGonagall's defensive action, but quickly pointed his wand at the woman. Despite my belief that my father would cast the first attack, I was proved wrong as a flash of light flew towards my father. He defended himself and pushed me to the group of Slytherins. Pansy grabbed my wrist and pulled me completely to the side, joining the other girls. Daphne held my other arm and Tracey placed a hand on my shoulder and calmly took my wand from my hand. I knew this was her telling me that it was a better idea that she held onto it. I watched in terror as McGonagall continued to cast spell after spell at my father, causing his retreat. She casted the spells so fast, I was afraid that my father couldn't defend himself quickly enough. He quickly turned on himself and was surrounded by a cloud of black as he disappeared and all that was left was the cloud and the image of a cloak jumping from place to place to dodge McGonagall until he threw himself through the windows at the end of the hall.

"Coward!" McGonagall yelled at him.

When my father was gone, the school burst into cheers, but I- I burst into tears and sunk to the ground.

"He's alright, Raven. He escaped and he's alright." Daphne said to me.

"It'll be alright. You will see him when this is all over." Tracey added.

"Harry." A whispering voice rang through the hall.

It was like the voice in my dreams, except I was awake, and the whole Hall heard it.