28

I laid on the floor with Octavius staring at the ceiling.

"Ava?"

"Hm?"

"What was you really doing in my room?"

I tensed, and nervously played with my hair. "N-no-"

He quickly grabbed my chin and made me face him, his eyes were dark as he looked into them. "Don't lie to me."

I sighed. "I was looking for you, when the door was open..so I stepped inside..."

He looked at me and I gulped. "What did you find?"

"A picture.."

I sat up and sighed. "Few years back...I met a boy, he saved me." I laughed. "But he didn't save himself.

"I called him 'Silver eyes' Because I didn't know his name...and he called me-"

"My little star."

I gasped looking up at Octavius and he poked around in his eyes. I backed away in disgust. "What the hell are you-"

My eyes widen when I saw those silver eyes.

Memories flashed back into my head of that night. The night that haunted me yet was my escape.

"H-how is that-"

He shrugged. "All I remember is someone saved me, I was trapped in the fire and someone just...saved me. I'm still curious on who it was, and maybe one day i'll find out..."

I was speechless. I couldn't believe my eyes, Is this a joke?

Before I could even process what I was doing, my hand reached over and poked his cheeks.

He swatted my hands away a slight smile on his face as he chuckled. "What the hell are you doing?."

I blushed and retreated my hands back to my lap. "I-I don't know...trying to make sure your not a ghost?"

He watched me, without saying anything and I suddenly felt uncomfortable.

Here, sitting besides me is the one person I almost always thought of...I felt guilt that I survived and he didn't. But now all those times I spent thinking of him, felt like a waste...because he was right besides me, breathing, rosy and alive.

His bright eyes stared at me with such intensity that it almost could be mistaken for...lust...

My fingers played with the thread of my shirt, the room was silent, the only noise was the mixture of our heavy and light breathing. His nostrils soon flared like a bull ready to attack.

He slowly licked his lips watching mines as my teeth grazed against my bottom lip.

Is it possible to hate someone and then find yourself lusting after them?

All I could think of was his naked skin colliding with mines... 

The thought of who I am, what I've been through flew out the window without a second glance as I stared at this boy before me...

I-I...Needed him?

Absentmindly, I leaned into the touch of his rough hands on my cheek, feeling the chill his thumb was causing as it stroked my cheek. I wet my lips, slowly closing my eyes savoring every moment.

Me...

An assassin, cold hearted killer...was growing weak for a boy, a mysterious...boy.

"Ava..."

I shivered at the way my name rolled off his tongue so delicately and easily. Like he was meant to say it all this time. He was meant for me...

"Open your eyes Ava."

Why?

If I do, im afraid this is all a dream.

"Its not a dream my love, trust me."

Slowly I opened my eyes and my breath caught in my throat at the sight of his hooded eyes. He was looking at me through his lashes, and his breathing grew rough.

"I don't want to continue this, the way your skin is turning so pink at the touch of my hands against you...The facial expressions your making is making me very impatient and I don't want to do more...if your not ready..."

But was I not ready?

Did I want to continue my dangerous life, tagging along this innocent soul?

I barely know him for crying out loud, but something tells me he is the one...

The life I could have, share with him, just like my parents have.

"You don't know who I am...What I do, what i'm capable of...What if you run away, scared." I whispered so emotionally, afraid he would hesitate and realize his mistake.

He surprised me as he chuckled. "Nothing you ever done could make me run away...I've seen too many things to be afraid of something like you."

He leaned into me and his lips was inches from mines. "I don't know about you, but your presence is driving me crazy, and if I hold back any longer with you here, I don't think I can handle it.." He whispered before smashing those beautiful lips against mines.

~~~~

Death.

Death is the wish of some, the relief of others and the end of many...

But what is death to me?

Is it a blessing?

I'm finally escaping my inner demons. Not being able to look back at the wrongs I've committed.

Or is it a curse...

My kids are too young, I've grown to see them grow into such beautiful young beings, but I want more.

I want too see where there life brings them, are they going to get married, find there loved ones and have kids?

Escape the life of the Mafia and create their own paths?

Or are they going to take over...And become something deep down I dread them to become.

I wouldn't know...But i know death can change people and im afraid my death will change them...

My love...My sweet sweet devil.

He already showed me what my disappearance can do to him...But he knew that I was alive and breathing...But how will he be if he knows...I will never come back?

I wiped away the tears falling down my pale grey and inhaled, smiling widely as I stepped foot into my home.

As soon as I closed the door, there he was standing in the door way in front of me.

"Ace." I breathed out, afraid it might be the last time i ever say his beautiful haunting name.

"Hello my beautiful Dawn." He wrapped me in his arms and inhaled my scent as i did the same for him. Only his was a different reason, while mines was almost the last time...

Check out my instagram nyccc._kriss i will begin updating books and posting future books on there.