two

lia's pov

"thank you so much for the food!" yeji exclaimed as she stretched her arms out on the air and throwing her back on the chair.

"you mean, thank you so much for the food today, yeji." i told her. "after a very long and tiring day, it's so refreshing to taste a fresh coffee again on the middle of this day." i said as i took my shoulder bag. i glanced at my watch and realized that it was now already past 7PM on the evening, and there were now less people inside the café.

"shoot," yeji said as she quickly searched for her phone inside her bag. "mom's gonna kill me." she said as she hurriedly clicked her phone open and dialed a number and fished her phone infront of her ear, impatiently waiting for an answer. 

"what's wrong?" i asked her.

"i literally forgot that my aunt is coming over at our house and we'll be having our dinner together." yeji said while stomping her feet on the ground. "i just hope that our dinner isn't finished yet so that i can follow."

i looked at her as she talked to her mom through her phone and i glanced at the glass window infront of us. i noticed that there were small raindrops hitting the glass until more and more raindrops are skiing down the window.

"it's raining." i mumbled to myself.

"lia," yeji said and i quickly turned around to her. "i need to catch up. mom told me that i should hurry up before my aunt would leave. i really need to go now." she pleaded as she fixed her ponytail. i watched her move fast before nodding at her and saying, "sure. you can go first. i'll get going right after you."

"thank youu~" yeji said. "i'll make sure that we'll go home together the next day. i love you!" she spoke before quickly running out from the café and rushing out on the heavy rain.

right when yeji's shadow is no longer seen anymore, i stepped out on the café and the cold wave of rain welcomed me outside with the chilly rush of wind covering up my entire body like a blanket.

i looked up at the gloomy sky breathing heavily with the small fog being visible coming out of my mouth which means that it really is cold out here. i quickly fished both of my hands inside the pocket of my uniform trying my best to warm myself up.

while watching over the city lights, i heard a quick ding! at the back which means the café is already now closed. well, mostly shops and resto's around here are closed around this time.

"enjoying the view?"

i heard a familiar and soft-like voice speak beside me. i slowly tilted my head to see who it was and saw her again, but this time, we're both now outside the café.

"it's so cold out here," she said as she crossed her arms and her entire face is almost being swallowed by her purple hoodie. "how can you stand here outside in this cold?" she spoke and it is obviously heard that she's freezing with her tone.

i looked at her in wonder as the streetlights' hit her full face revealing her smooth and glass-like skin, her cheeks being red as a rose and her eyes still shining at the night sky.

"it's nothing," i spoke. "i just enjoy watching the night view here. i'm actually more of a night person, that's why." i said while swaying my right foot.

"i see." ryujin said. "where's your other friend?" she suddenly asked out of nowhere breaking the silence between us.

"you mean, yeji?" i said. "she went home early, she has something important to attend."

"ohh," she spoke. "how about you, then?" she suddenly asked as she turned her head to look at me.

"mm?" i said while mumbling and then looked back at her. "me?" i pointed at myself.