four

lia's pov

"where have you been?" yeji exclaimed looking at me with her worried cat-like eyes. "i lost you in the crowd, my hand just slipped off yours because i cannot move properly. i'm sorry, lia." she said blaming herself for what happened. i quickly went up to her as i held both of her hands and i looked straight up into her eyes.

"hey, don't blame yourself," i spoke softly as i slightly tightened my grip on her hands. "i'm fine. i'm not bruised or anything, atleast i went out okay." i said in a soothing voice trying to calm yeji down for being concerned and disappointed.

"okay," yeji mumbled still looking down. "are you okay?" she asked as she tapped my shoulder gently with an anxious tone.

"yeah! super." i answered her back when a thought hit me immediately. i suddenly looked at her with a shocked expression before helding both of her shoulders. "i saw her here."

yeji looked at me with a confused face while tilting her head trying to point out what i'm saying. "saw what? who?"

i slightly smiled at her before speaking, "you know. the girl at the café. she's here." yeji's confused face quickly changed into a surprised one.

"you mean," yeji muttered slowly while her hands kept on moving around the air making nonsense shapes or whatsoever making her look like a mental patient. "the blue-haired girl who went up straight to our table, the one who gave our orders, the one who stared at you so madly-in-love and the one who gave you an umbrella under a rainy night? is that her?" yeji spoke in a fast manner making all of her statements sound gibberish but she's my bestfriend so i can truly understand what she just said.

i chuckled slightly while giving her an affirmative expression which made her feel more giddy and hyped up. "seriously? where is she?" yeji babbled her eyes filled with eagerness wanting to finally see her.

our eyes searched around the hall looking for a tall and slim figure and a scene suddenly came up to my mind, "yeji-ah." i said as i looked at her with hope. "i saw her inside the room where we went past to earlier. i swear to god, i literally just saw her wearing a clean white suit and i think she's a member of the taekwondo club if i'm not mistaken."

yeji looked even more shocked on the sudden news she just heard which made her feel even more excited upon meeting her. "taekwondo club?!" yeji exclaimed with her mouth still wide open. "wah, seriously. that girl is a complete-packaged bitch lia, i'm telling you." yeji said as she raised both of her hands like a person who just gave up immediately.

"see," yeji said while shoving her fingers infront of my face. "first, she's a waitress on a cafè which is like totally so cool, second she gave you her umbrella without hesitating for you to reach home safely and dry and third, what the fuck she's a taekwondo club member?! she's literally just amazing and who will set our standards high, girl." yeji finished her statement before snapping her fingers above the air.

as she finished what she just said i remembered how ryujin's eyes glow differently whenever our eyes find its way out to meet each other and whenever she looks at me. how my heart immediately just starts to beat in a fast pace which i couldn't understand the reason why i am feeling that way. or maybe this is just all in my mind. i shook my head off trying to push away my thoughts because i know i'll just get into trouble with this.

"where is the room you just mentioned." yeji spatted.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

we walked straight off back to the room where we both passed by. we were expecting that there would be still a group of people outside rambling but we arrived with no one there. our faced dropped together with our hope as soon as we knew that maybe we were now late.