twelve

third person's pov

"eat well girls!"

the five girls hurriedly ran downstairs and straight to the kitchen to eat their dinner. yuna was the first one to slide off from the room together with chaeryoung who kept on repeating how she was feeling really hungry, meanwhile yeji, lia and ryujin were the last ones left to leave the room so yeji slowly closed and locked the door of the room to secure their things.

"thank you so much auntie choi!"

yuna exclaimed, her eyes obviously beaming with happiness as she slowly sat down on the chair infront of the table and asked chaeryoung to sit beside her.

"here, come and sit comfortably." auntie choi spoke to ryujin calmly, offering her a vacant seat beside lia while smiling. ryujin thanked lia's mom who acted really kind and gentle towards her eversince she stepped inside the house.

"thank you auntie," ryujin said. "will you come sit and eat with us now?" she asked.

"no dear, it's okay," auntie choi spoke in a gentle and low tone, tapping ryujin's shoulder slowly. "i'll eat right after you girls are done."

"are you sure, mom?" lia asked her mom, sounding worried and concerned. "you can sit beside here with me." she said as she pointed her index finger on the vacant spot beside her, lending it to her mom. auntie choi shook her head at lia before smiling warmly.

"i'll eat later," she said, walking towards the trash bin. "i'll take these garbage out first, you girls can start eating now." auntie choi said while carrying two plastic bags on her hands, walking outside the house. as soon as lia's mom went out, yuna squeaked all of a sudden, her mouth still stuffed with food.

"lia-unnie, your mom really cooks tasty and delicious foods!" she said, her eyes scanning around the table looking for more food to fill up the spaces on her plate. "oh how i wish, i can live here forever so that i can get to eat really tasty foods and snacks everyday."

"pff, as if lia wants to live here with a noisy brat like you." ryujin said sarcastically which led yuna to roll her eyes over at her friend sitting infront of her, biting another piece of food again.

"here lia, eat more." yeji said offering some of her food to lia who is quietly and slowly taking small bites on her food. lia noticed her friend's sudden action towards her and she slowly shook her head off at yeji.

"yeji-ah, it's okay. my plate is actually full now." lia said but she didn't hesitate at all to refuse yeji's offers to her, instead she just let yeji pass all of the food to her while giggling a little.

"yejinie, you can pass some of your food on mine and i wouldn't complain at all," yuna said while smirking at yeji trying to catch her friends' attention. "oh look, my plate is now emtpy. mind if you can fill it up, unnie?" she said while trying to reach out for yeji. yeji just looked over at yuna who is acting childish all of a sudden whilst chuckling.

"lia, um. do you have any ice cubes?" chaeryoung asked while holding her glass of water.

"oh yeah sure," lia said as she slowly stood up off the chair, looking around the refrigerator and looked back at chaeryoung again. "wait here for a second, i'll go ask mom outside whether she had made some ice cubes recently."

"okay, thank you unnie." chaeryoung said happily and nodded back at her. lia walked away from the kitchen and went straight outside of the house. ryujin who was quietly eating and taking such small and few bites couldn't help but to glance and look at lia walking away from their direction.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

the cold and fresh wind from the outside night rushed across lia's bare and pale skin as soon as she stepped outside the door. she always knew how the atmosphere that the night gives always linger across her body. lia always admired seeing the darkness across the streets and nothing else to be heard but quietness. after a few looks and glances, she then noticed that there is no figure to be seen on their front gate where her mom usually throw the garbage bags away.