ten

third person's pov

lia sat down on the sofa eating out mallows on her bowl while watching a series. she's currently watching "stranger things" on netflix and she really liked the story plot. she finally had a long and peaceful rest after their examinations and quizzes and she was happy to finally rest for a while.

"lia," her mom called out to her who is in the kitchen. "i haven't seen yeji these days, i really miss her bubbly aura filling up our house. she hasn't slept over with you within like--- two weeks? tell her that auntie misses her so much and maybe if she has free time, she can come over and the two of you can hang out."

lia heard her mom across the distance and she nodded back at her as her response whilst her eyes were still fixed on the tv screen, focusing on the series. but deep inside, she definetely agreed on her mom's suggestion. yeji has never slept over these past few weeks and the both of them were busy on studying for their exams and lia thought that it's a good idea since its the weekends.

"i'll try to ask her out later."

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

after finishing the series, lia hurriedly ran upstairs and went straight inside her room. she took a quick and warm shower, changed herself in her oversized shirt and comfy shorts and made her hair into a low ponytail.

lia laid herself down on the bed with her phone playing around her fingers, thinking deeply. she finished the last season of 'stranger things' and the last episode really left her hanging and now there is nothing else to distract her from being bored. lia's eyes roamed around the entire room and a familiar hoodie caught her attention.

her mind processed a bit and tried to recall how she got that certain hoodie and then she remember on what happened that night. shin ryujin's purple hoodie.

"it's still here?" lia asked herself in confusion. "i still haven't returned it to her? ohmygod, it's been like a week now." she felt embarrassed on the decision of returning it to ryujin which never crossed her mind these days, and probably her hoodie now smells a lot like her room. she gently slapped her forehead before grabbing it and decided to run it over the laundry machine.

she took a grab on the hoodie and the cucumber scent is still to be smelt which reminded lia a lot of ryujin. she shook her head off avoiding her random thoughts and threw it over the laundry machine. while the hoodie is running in circles inside, lia thought of one thing, she doesn't own cucumber-scented perfumes.

lia panicked a little and obviously the scent that the hoodie holds will vanish after the laundry and she has nothing to substitute ryujin's cucumber scent. she searched around her room hoping for a familiar scent and there was nothing to be found. she doesn't have any choices left but to use one of her favourite perfumes. she hoped that ryujin might like the fabric scent she added and would not be confused about it.

"i guess i don't have any choices left now."

︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

while lia is scrolling on her phone, she finally decided to message yeji about coming over to their house and maybe they can hang out for a while again. as she clicked the "send" button, she happened to cross over her and ryujin's conversation. well, it's been days since they messaged each other. the last message was when ryujin messaged her a "goodnight" and was not followed again.

she wants to send ryujin a message but she was too shy to do it first. she couldn't make up a first move on their conversation and she seriously sucks on keeping up the vibe on chats.

when she was about to message ryujin a notification popped up on her screen, it was from yeji's.

From: Yeji