three

lia's pov

"please pass all of your papers infront!"

two minutes later on, everyone inside the classroom started to become loud and messy, boys running around the room looking for answers, papers are flying across the air and several loud mouths are to be heard filling up the four courners of the room.

"pst!" i heard a loud whisper behind me. still not looking around, i am pretty sure it's yeji asking for answers too. "hey!" i felt a strong hit below my chair that made me look back at her with my eyebrows crossed.

"what?" i sneered at her. i saw her mouthing words or whatever but i couldn't hear it because of the shouts of our blockmates surrounding the two of us. we exchanged curious and helpless looks realizing that we couldn't hear each other properly and we look like freaks.

"pass!" we heard our professor speak which made the noise even more louder banging into our ears. i quickly turned back around facing the board as i passed my paper infront of me and yeji's paper flew right past on me and i gave her a "seriously?" look. she laughed before making a peace sign to me.

after the stressing and never-ending quiz, finally our class is finished and we all blasted out of the room with endless gossips and talks among each other. i felt a heavy grip around my neck and saw yeji leaning her face closer to me.

"thank god the quiz is done!" she scoffed. "i seriously thought that quiz is killing me and draining all the cells inside my brain leaving me nothing but dry air." yeji said while letting all her body weight lean on me as i struggle to keep her on right balance.

"oh yeah?" i told her. "how about that part where you were about to scream your lungs out asking for answers and your heavy feet hitting me below?" i teased her and her tired facial expression suddenly changed into a serious one.

"i don't know." she said while rubbing the back of her head slowly, "by that time my brain just stopped working and i don't know the reason why." she spoke while thinking deeply.

i chuckled just by watching her expressions change in between seconds. it was already in the early afternoon and all of the students are headed to the school canteen taking their lunch and snacks.

"hey! did you went home safe last night?" yeji suddenly asked out of the blue which made me look at her. "you didn't text me yesterday starting from 8-10PM. were you fine?" her voice in a worried tone and she looked at me curiously.

i nodded at her before smiling, "yeah. sorry, i forgot about it. i was too tired yesterday so i went straight up into my room and slept immediately."

"oh," she said. "well, the rain yesterday was so hard and i remember that you didn't bring an umbrella with you that time. how did you reach home? as far as i can remember, the rain stopped around like 9:30 or i don't know."

when she asked those kind of questions it made me think about what actually happened last night. the pouring rain, city lights, purple hoodie, sky blue umbrella... me and ryujin under the cold and light sky. i felt a rush inside my body which i can't describe by recalling all of the scenes that happened.

"enjoying the view?"

"when are you heading home? it's getting late now."

"here, you can borrow my umbrella."

"i'll surely remember this moment."

i hear nothing but the loud thuds happening inside my chest. just by reminiscing all the moments we had shared last night, i couldn't help but to helplessly smile all by myself even when i reached home.