six

lia's pov

i woke up with the sound of the alarm ringing in my ears. my eyes were still shut but i can totally hear all the noise coming outside and i can smell mom frying some pancakes downstairs.

i slowly opened my dove-like eyes seeing the ray of sun hitting my light blue room from the inside and its heat hitting me right on my shoulders. i pushed the blanket away from my body, stretching out all of my muscles.

i stood up from the ground and glanced over at the annoying alarm still on the verge of ringing, still hitting my ear's deepest part. my hand flew on the air frustratingly pressing the alarm off. i breathed lightly as soon as the endless ringing of the alarm finally stopped.

i turned the doorknob open and walked outside of my room heading downstairs. as i was getting close, the aroma coming from the kitchen is becoming even more tasty and delicious on my part and there i saw mom on the kitchen who is busy frying some pancakes.

"good morning." i spoke softly as i walked towards the refrigerator.

"good morning dear." mom said as she glanced quickly at my direction. "did you sleep well?"

"mhm." i mumbled softly as my head is leaning inside the refrigerator searching for fresh milk and my jar of honey. "really well." i said before sitting on the circular chair watching mom from afar.

"what time are you heading to school?" mom stated as she gently handed me the plate filled with fresh pancakes with berries around it.

"9." i exclaimed while eyeing on the pancakes infront of me. "we don't have much work to do for today. and i guess, i'll be coming home early again." i said as i quickly held the fork and took a slice of the pancakes, shoving it inside my mouth like a hungry baby.

"mom will be home around 8." mom spoke while walking towards the sofa, picking up her thick coat. "you can cook whatever you want in the kitchen."

i nodded at mom slowly while taking another bite, my cheeks stuffed with fluffy pancake chunks. my hand held the glass of milk and drank it all in one sip before taking out a deep breath.

"thank you mom for the breakfast." i stated while standing up on my ground quickly heading upstairs. "i'll see you later at night!" i shouted from the second floor for mom to clearly hear me.

"bye lia!" i heard mom's voice and right after that the front door is suddenly shut closed with mom's car engine starting. i walked inside my room, sitting on the corner of my window and watched mom's car drove away from the house.

as soon as the car's out of sight, i walked towards my closet and pulled out my uniform. as i was about to iron them up, i heard my phone beep on the desk.

i quickly took it by one hand and saw yeji calling; i quickly accepted her call and her high-pitched squeal was the first thing i heard. if there's a human person of my alarm, that'd be yeji.

"Good fucking morning, princess.
Let's head to school together.
Already wearing my shoes.
How about you."

as soon as i heard her voice, i rolled my eyes out before talking.

"Sure thing.
Still ironing my uniform."

i heard how yeji gasped on the other line which made me flinch a little. after a few minutes, i heard her laughing so loud which made me move my phone far from my ear with my eyebrows twitching.

"Gurl what the fuck?
Are you high or drunk?
Can you stop eating your damn honey just in one day because maybe it is the reason why you be high all day long, sister.
Motherfucker, it's wednesday today!"