seven

lia's pov

"see you tomorrow everyone!"

the professor's last statement had made everyone jump out of their seats and rush outside of the room; including me. i quickly threw all of my papers, notebook and ballpen inside my bag before zipping it close immediately. i couldn't listen properly for today's topic because i kept on zoning out and staring outside of the window.

i just couldn't help on recalling about the conversation where ryujin and i shared earlier. her slow and gentle actions towards me made my heart flutter on its own. and then, i couldn't wait to be out there with her again.

"lia! come on, let's go!" yeji blurted out sounding very excited. "i'm pretty sure that they are already waiting for us to get there." she said while fixing her hair into a high ponytail.

"here, let me fix your hair for you." i spoke and i slowly walked behind her lending her a hand on doing her ponytail.

"thank you!" yeji exclaimed while sitting on the chair, staying still so that i couldn't mess her hair. "lia, i was thinking about bringing them some snacks over. we should go to the canteen and buy. how does that sound to you?" she suggested. i kept quiet while listening at her before answering her a "yes" which made her clasp both of her hands, grinning widely.

finally fixing the final touch, i walked up infront of her and pulled her up. "let's go. we shouldn't waste time, come on." i held yeji's hand and we walked outside of the room heading towards the school's canteen. i felt yeji's hand tighten on mine and i glanced back at her with yeji smiling at me.

"i'm proud." yeji spoke softly while looking at me, giving out a proud expression.

"on what?" i told her with one of my eyebrows raised since i couldn't get what she's trying to point out.

"you," yeji said, smiling sweetly. "finally opening out to new people, opening doors for new experiences and talking to new friends. i haven't seen you like this before since we were in elementary. and as your bestfriend, it feels enlightening to see you like this." she said.

her words struck my heart which made me realize lots of things and notice the changes my self is experiencing. yeji stayed by my side all throughout my darkest and deepest days, she had witnessed every minute and every second of me breaking down, crying all day at school and there was even a moment where i was close on hurting myself because i am suffering on extreme depression in the past.

during that time i almost felt like leaving everything behind. like the world has turned its back on me where i carried its weight since i was a kid until i grew up. that's when i also realized that mom was right, i shouldn't trust anyone and everyone in this cruel world. that is why i am very lucky enough to have yeji by my side back then, she helped me carry out all of my problems which i've been keeping to myself. yeji also helped me face the world more stronger and braver, and i always thanked her for being very thoughtful and understandable; because in times where i couldn't talk and lean to anyone, she was there. yeji stayed with me despite my miserable life.

i smiled back at yeji finally understanding what she meant. i held her hand even more tightly before answering her back, "i wouldn't be like this if it weren't for your help and guidance. thank you." i told her.

"aish, stop flattering me lia." yeji gushed as she let out a small chuckle. "of course i'd do anything for my bestfriend." she said while covering her entire face with her one hand.

"let's quit with our short drama yejinnie, we should head now to the canteen fast." i said in between our deep and long sighs, we both laughed at each other before walking fast towards our destination.