Chapter 9 | everybody hurts

"Who left you so hurt?" 

• ♡ •

"Mom, guess what I bought for you?" Advika chirped as Heer engulfed her in a hug. Heer kissed her cheek, she was amazed how with every passing day her affection for Advika only grew. 

"I am bad at guessing," Heer made an excuse.

"Offo, I will give you clues," Advika spoke sitting beside her mother with her sling bag on her lap. "Clue one, you like wearing it."

Heer racked her brain. "Scarf?" Thanks to pollution she had a very colorful collection of scarfs that she generally covered around her face while traveling.

"Wrong, you like them long."

Heer looked at Advika thoughtfully while Misha looked on smiling. Kabir folded his hands staring at the two of them. He wondered what Advika was talking of. Heer seemed to be clueless too. He wouldn't deny that it was heartwarming to see their bond.

"Umm, you got me a bracelet?" Heer asked confused, she loved the long wrap around bracelets, perhaps Advika was hinting at that. 

"Earrings?" Kabir guessed aloud as his eyes landed on Heer's dangling earrings. He cursed himself mentally as the female crowd around him turned to look at him. 

"Paa that's right! But mom was supposed to guess," Advika spoke taking out a box from her bag. "Misha bua said it would match with the saree we bought for you the other day." Heer smiled glancing up at Misha with gratitude. "Wear them, please?" She heard Advika request.

Heer nodded and opened the box. There was a pair of pretty long golden jhumkas. She was in awe when she saw the pair. "This is so pretty" 

"Yay, she liked it!" Misha clapped smiling at Advika who beamed proudly. 

"Anything for Paa?" Kabir asked hopefully.

"You don't wear earrings Paa!" Advika exclaimed pouting.

"So, you got nothing for me?" Kabir feigned hurt.

"Sorry." Advika apologized walking up to him. 

She held his hand and Kabir smiled, "I was joking. I have you, I need no other gift!" He kissed her forehead pulling her for a hug. He closed his eyes wrapping his arms around her. Heer smiled looking at the two of them. If there was the best father award, it would definitely go to Kabir Jaisinghani.

"Okay, so my turn," Misha grinned, "Heer, close your eyes." 

Heer looked at her surprised. "Come on, Heer, I didn't gift you anything at the wedding. Let me make up for it. Close your eyes."

Heer nodded closing her eyes. Kabir watched on as Misha rushed for the door and brought in a guitar case. She shut the door gently and paced around the sofa standing before Heer. "Okay, slowly open your eyes!" Misha spoke grinning.

Heer's jaw dropped as she saw Misha holding a guitar case. Her gaze darted up to meet her eyes. "You're kidding! You got me a freaking guitar!"

"Yes, it's my first gift to you. I did a little research and your mother told me about what you like. So tan-tana, here's your gift!"

Heer looked on appalled. "You really didn't have to Misha!"

"I wanted to Heer." Misha  smiled warmly. Heer's eyes moistened she couldn't remember the last time someone took the effort to gift her something she loved.