Chapter 15 | making mends

"Stay here, I won't trouble you. Promise."

• ♡ •

It was past four o'clock. Heer was glad that she had wrapped up her work related stuff in the morning itself. There was no way she could work here. She had been helping Mrs. Jaisinghani with getting things in place and occasionally greeting guests she didn't even know. She was now on duty leaving welcome packages in all the guests room, one of the resort's staff was helping her at that.

She ticked off room 305 on the list and moved forward. "Bhaiya, this one as well." She said pointing to room 306. The man opened the room using his master key and picked up to hampers and kept them on the table. While Heer inspected the room. "Bhaiya  this one was supposed to have extra bedding," she spoke looking at the sheet her mother in law had handed her.

"We'll put it up at night," answered the man.

"Hmm. Okay," Heer answered looking at the phone in her hand that was vibrating. 

"Hello,"

"Heer, where are you?" Kabir asked from the other side.

"Uh, I was getting hampers placed in the rooms."

"Oh, okay, I wanted the room's key. Advika is a little drowsy so I thought we could both nap for a while."

"Yeah, cool. Can you collect the key from me? I am on the third floor." 

"Okay, will be there!" Saying that Kabir ended the call.

"Next room, Bhaiya!" She spoke walking down to the next room. The door was already open. She knocked at the door. But there was no response. Perhaps it was open for cleaning. She waited as the man picked up to hampers from the car and walked in. She followed him in. The room seemed in perfect condition. 

She was about to open the door to the washroom to check but it opened from the inside. Before her stood Rajeev. Her breath hitched and her eyes widened slightly. His eyes looked right back at her. "Hi," he uttered giving her a full look. 

His voice, his mere presence bothered Heer. She quickly moved away, making her way out of the room

"Heer," he called out following her. 

Heer didn't care about anything. At the moment she just wanted to get away from the man. He held her hand just when she was nearing the door. "Heer," he mumbled. 

She looked ta him and then her wrist that he held. "Leave my hand," she spoke looking up at him.

"Look, Heer, let me at least talk. I know--"

"Leave my hand, now." Heer repeated, her every word weighed heavy. 

He let go of her hand. She quickly turned around and rushed dout of the room only to collide with someone outside in the corridor. 

"God, Heer, what's up with you today?" Kabir mumbled his hands on her arms to steady her.

"Uh," Heer stared at him. He was very close and that's all she could process. Her mind was still trying to digest that she just ran into Rajeev. 

Kabir's eyes immediately looked up as a person left the same room where Heer walked out from. Rajeev. He recognized the person immediately. His glance immediately fell on Heer. That explained a lot. She looked lost, and was walking mindlessly. "Are you okay?" He whispered looking over her shoulder to see the guy pretend to walk towards the other side of the passageway as though taking a call.