Chapter 32 | back home

"You don't have to keep apologizing."

• ♡ •

During the entire ride home Advika and Heer kept talking. Misha who sat on the passenger seat in the front of the car was overjoyed at the bond the two of them shared. The two were seated on the back seat, close to each other with Heer's arm wrapped around her. Heer was a perfect example of mama bear. Misha could easily make out Advika's pumped up excitement at seeing her mother again. She smile looking out of the window at the night sky. Varsha would be happy. Misha never thought that Heer would form such an endearing bond with Advika, but she did. She glanced at Kabir. His hands were on the steering wheel and his gaze on the road. She hoped that he had found his companion in Heer.

It was really hard to tell his feelings ever since Varsha's demise. Her brother had changed drastically after that loss. He used to be fun-loving, kind, compassionate, friendly and above all a very expressive person. But after Varsha he was no longer that same person. He would be so quiet all the time. No jokes or teasing. She could hardly tell what he felt. Misha had also noted the minor ways in which her brother adopted his late wife's habits. Be it tending to plants which once upon a time he hated or brushing his teeth twice daily. She remembered vaguely how Varsha would push him to hit the gym or go for a jog. Now, he wouldn't miss it for anything. Misha smiled, maybe it was his way of keeping Varsha in his and Advika's life. She glanced at Heer and Advika, the two of them were in their own world. Her smile widened as she thanked God for Heer. She made their lives better.

"Mom, can I sleep with you?" Advika asked as they entered the house.

"Oye, Advi, let mumma sleep comfortably tonight in her room. She will sleep with you tomorrow, okay?" Misha answered, Advika's face immediately fell.

"No. Mom please," she pleaded holding on to Heer's hands. 

"Okay!" Heer smiled giving in to her pleas. She looked at Misha who looked back at her. 

"Come on, go change quickly, you've school tomorrow!" Heer said and almost instantly Advika followed the instructions given. 

"It's okay, the three of us can sleep together. I really don't mind." Heer spoke with a smile holding Misha's gaze again, "She will sulk otherwise."

"Well, I don't have any trouble with that, do you Bhai?" Misha asked with a teasing smile on her face. 

"Of course, I don't!" Kabir answered looking at the two of them, emerging out of his room, after rolling in Heer's suitcase. 

"Are you hungry?" He asked Heer who looked at him. He looked even better in the brightly lit room. It was though he radiated warmth, which filled up her heart.

Misha gave him a pointed look as he went on to explain, giving Misha a look.  "There's a little left over from dinner and also some milk." he explained his question, narrowing his eyes at his sister who was finding great amusement looking at them with folded arms.

"Um," Heer glanced at Misha. "I think I can have some milk." Heer answered. Kabir's gaze was on Misha whose face now had fully ripe amusement written all over it. 

"What?" Kabir asked irked, looking at Misha.

"Heer's hungry give her some milk!" Misha stated with a smirk. 

Kabir sighed, "Go to sleep, Mish!"

"Okay, just say you two want some privacy." Misha chuckled walking towards Advika's room. "Are you hungry!" She whispered to herself aloud amused.