Chapter 34 | into the night

"I am not grumpy."

• ♡ •

It was when the third song ended that they heard the doorbell ring. Heer was startled by the sound. They were lost in a world of their own. She finally comprehended their closeness. She could still feel his arm wrapped around her waist. She gently pulled her hand back from his shoulder and placed it on his arm. "It must be Misha and Rohan," she said softly. 

"Yeah," he mumbled his eyelashes flickering a little before his gaze interlocked with hers. "Must be," he added, while his hold around her loosened. Heer nodded briefly, she felt like how Cinderella would have probably felt when the clock struck twelve.

Kabir didn't want to let her go. He was extremely lovesick. He needed all of Heer he could get. She was... unique. Her smile, those chocolate brown eyes filled with mystery that looked at him with never ending hope, the warmth that her presence radiated, in short everything about Heer drove him crazy. And of course, there was the big elephant in the room called sexual tension. He needed her more than he thought he did. If she felt he same way, then why on earth would she not accept it?

He held her wrist in time, causing her to turn back slightly to look at him. "Thank you,"

Heer's heart raced. That grip his hand had on her wrist set her skin on fire. "For?" She asked puzzled.

Dancing with me. "Sharing your earphones," he replied and almost instantly a smile broke out on his face. 

An involuntary blush appeared on Heer's face. Somehow his phrase meant more than what he was saying to her. Tossing a smile his way she took hurried steps inside. Her heart was worse than Olaf, it melted away by just one look from Kabir.

Misha and Rohan seemed to have made up, their tangled hands gave testimony. Misha suggested on returning home with her husband. Anxiety hit Heer. Misha leaving meant privacy. With the fire that was blazing between her and Kabir, she was sure there would be fire blasts, of the two of them were left alone. Heer didn't trust herself to not get into anything with him being on the same bed. "Why don't you both stay the night?" She suggested at once. Yeah, that way Advika would sleep with them, preventing anything that could happen between them.

Misha felt Rohan's hand inch up to caress her back and she knew what that meant. "No,umm Heer, we'll go back now. Rohan...uhh, has an important meeting early tomorrow morning. So he'll... you know... need me." Misha could swear she heard Rohan stifle his chuckle under his cough. She smiled at Heer wanting to kick her husband right away.

"Yeah, Heer. Anyway Misha has troubled you all enough!" Rohan added.

"That's correct," came Kabir's voice and Heer could swear it did something to her. From the feels of it, a lot more than her heart was melting.

"Shut up, Bhai," Misha muttered. "Where's Advi?" She asked looking around.

"Busy solving the puzzle," Kabir answered glancing at Heer. Her cheeks seemed slightly flushed. Owing to the light perhaps, he thought turning to look at Rohan. "So, did you guys sort out whatever it was?"

Misha glanced at Rohan sheepishly. "Yes, we did," Rohan replied.

"Good then." Kabir spoke aloud and then whispered something into Rohan's ears, which caused Rohan to chuckle. 

"What are you whispering?" Misha asked folding her arms, narrowing her eyes at the two men. 

"Nothing," Kabir replied moving away from Rohan.