Chapter 13 | unexpected awkwardness

"She is Kabir's wife!"

• ♡ •

Heer felt extremely awkward around Kabir after she had literally cried in his arms. She had thanked him and that was it. They never spoke of it again. It was Thursday evening and they were headed to the Family Dinner. Heer had put on an Indian dress. She was meeting her in-laws and thought it was only fair to dress up a little Indian. She had taken the care to wear her nuptial chain that she didn't wear on a day to day basis. It was a deep myrtle green colored gown type dress whose flair stopped a little a little above her ankles. It had full sleeves and a minimal golden work at the ends. A golden chiffon duppata went with it. She had left her hair open. 

She glanced at Kabir. He didn't seem to like the idea of attending the dinner although the dinner had been arranged at the roof top of his five star restuarant. Heer knew it was to do with his not so cordial relationship with his father. 

"Mom, what sign is that for?" Advika quizzed looking at the board.

"That's no U-turn sign. Like the last one you saw had just the U shape. But this one has a red line drawn over that U shape. Which means we cannot turn around from here. " Heer explained.

"But what if someone wants to go back from here?" 

Heer smiled looking around, "then the person will have to take that road and then turn to the left." She spoke pointing to the lane that went towards the left. 

"Basically what the ant does, go around!" Advika muttered sitting back in her seat.

"Yeah, something like that," Heer smiled looking at her. She glanced at Kabir as her smile wavered, thinking about what had happened last evening. It was, well, a rather queer happening although it was perfectly normal. 

Heer had started teaching Advika about the basics of where she shouldn't be touched and all that. Advika was a very behaved girl. They also had the manners class in school which covered a good deal about personal hygiene and things they shouldn't do in public. 

However, last evening when she was watching a movie with Advika, Heer had caught Advika touching herself time and again. She had immediately smoothly had a conversation with her  about it. Advika had told her that she liked touching herself between the legs. Heer had very patiently told her to not use anything to touch herself and never to do it before someone. 

Heer understood that it was the puberty hitting her. She had given her all the dos and don'ts again. But she hadn't spoken about it to Kabir. She didn't even know if she should. But technically he was her father and he obviously had a right to know. Heer was still in two minds. 

"Mom," hearing the squeal Heer was broken out of her thoughts. 

"Yeah?" She asked turning back, "the sign went behind."

"Sorry," Heer muttered. 

"You okay?" Kabir aske glancing at her.

"Yeah," Heer forced a smile. 

* * *

Heer smiled at her mother-in-law who went on gushing about how beautiful Heer was looking. She glanced at Kabir their eyes metting for a few seconds before Advika got all the attention. Heer was relieved.

"Heer, meet Rohan. Rohan this is Bhabhi Number two, Heer." Misha introduced her fiance to Heer. Heer smiled cordially shaking his hand. 

"Heard a lot about you," he spoke flashing a smile at Heer.