Chapter 16 | wedding celebrations

"Can I hug you?"

• ♡ •

Kabir woke up on an empty bed. His eyes widened slightly. He rubbed his fingers on his forehead. He sat up looking around. There was no sign of Heer or Advika. He got off the bed and walked towards the washroom to find the two of them brushing their teeth together. "Morning!" He wished leaning against the wall to which the sink outside the bathroom was attached to. The two nodded continuing to brush their teeth. He glanced at Heer. She looked admirable in the black bloated pajamas and the pink tee. Her hair was tied up in a messy way. Yet she looked adorable. 

He walked away to the windows and opened the curtains. There was a clear view to the swimming pool. A few people were actually swimming and lounging around the pool. 

"Good morning, Paa," Advika wished walking to him. He quickly kneeled to give her a warm hug.

"Good morning, Princess,"

"Look at this, it turned darker," Advika spoke showing up her hands. When her hands were put together side by side the heart pattern was complete with Heer and Kabir written inside. He smiled. 

"It looks pretty," he smiled.

She grinned turning her hand. "See, this," she pointed to the star. 

"That's nice too." Kabir smiled.

"Mom, said so too," the girl beamed and then frowned. "Why is it smelling?"

"What smell? This?" He asked pointing to the mehendi.

"No, Paa. It's a dirty smell," Advika spoke scrunching up her face. Realization hit Kabir, it must be his breath. He hadn't brushed last night after drinking. 

"Oh, that's because Paa didn't brush," Kabir spoke getting up at once. He looked up to find Heer wiping her face with a towel. Something had definitely gotten wrong. He shouldn't feelt his way about Heer. But he was. That warmth inside, that urge to look at her again and again. His gaze reaching her eyes and lips. The constant need to have her around. It had happened only once before, for Varsha. 

"Morning!" Heer smiled.

He nodded walking past her to the washroom. Heer frowned he was back to being Mr. Grumpy. He was fun last night. Maybe he should have a drink or two everyday. She chuckled at the thought. There was a pooja arranged following which there was a sangeet party.

"Mom, can I go swimming?" Advika asked staring at big blue pool. 

Heer had actually packed Advika's swimsuit as Misha had told her about the resort. "We have to ask your Paa about it!" Heer said honestly folding the clothes that she had spread out on the sofa last night. 

"Paa, can we go swimming?" Advika asked wasting no time when Kabir walked out of the washroom. 

"Please?" She pouted.

Kabir looked at his daughter in a fix. That pleading face was something he couldn't say no to. "Fine, but only 30 mins."

"Yay!" Advika hurriedly reached Heer's side. Kabir looked on as Heer handed her the swimsuit and her blue bathrobe. He unzipped the other suitcase taking out his swim wear and bathrobe while Heer was murmuring something to Advika.

"Let's go," Advika squealed.

Kabir smiled and walked after her. He glanced at Heer. "We'll be down." She nodded. She could finally get the whole room to herself to get ready. She had chosen a simple orange saree for the function.