Chapter one: "Shot Wound"

"Fúck!"

"This is why you need to stop fúcking with em gangs," he cleans around my wound, right under my ribs.

"Come on Zen, you know it's my life," I groan.

"Yeah, well soon you won't have one," he sighs, "this is gonna hurt."

He picks up the tweezers and slides them into the wound, "agh!" I bite my lip and tears build in my eyes. Sweat washes my face and I try my best not to move around.

"I almost got it," I grip the pillow in my hands. Zen pulls out the bullet slowly and I sigh with relief. "You're lucky, you know that?" He questions, "the bullet didn't hit anything major, just a few stitches, and your fine, the guy who is passed through first though is fucked."

"Oh thank god," he raises his brows, "and thank you too Zen," he then rolls his eyes.

"You lost a lot of blood," he sighs and opens the first aid kit. He takes out the needle and threat, then begins to stitch me up.

"How did you even get yourself into that?" He asks.

"It was supposed to be a drop-off but, some guys kicked off, I didn't even know those people, they were equipped though," I sighed.

He patches me up, "like I said, you lost a lot of blood, you need to rest, I'll go get you something to eat," He picks up his coat and leaves me on the couch to "sleep".

Zen is my flatmate, he's a curly-haired blond with blue eyes. He loves me like a brother and watches out for me, always. He's a softie but well built, he's 24 he's always cheery and I make sure never to bring him into my mess.

As soon as I know he's gone I get up and limp to my bedroom with my knapsack. I put it on my bed and empty the contents of it. Stacks of hundred-dollar bills fall out along with pills and my gun. A sigh escapes me when I see it, I take it up and hold it in my hand. It's a dark blue Glock nineteen, the best handgun. I reloaded it and put it in the waist of my pants.

I take up the money off my bed and count it, three hundred grand. I put it into a suitcase under my bed and put the pills in another one in my closet. I'm sort of a drug dealer I guess, maybe a crime boss in some aspects.

My room is pretty neutral and clean, I'm a 23-year-old woman after all. I keep my things in check and I hate when people mess with my stuff. The room is also pretty organized, a king-sized bed, with white sheets. I have a closet, work desk, bookshelf,  and an accessory station then there's a bathroom attached to my room and it's quite neat too.

A mirror stands in front of me and I take a look. My blouse is drenched in blood, and my curly black hair is all matted and gross.

I go into my bathroom and strip down, then I go into the shower. My bandages get soak so I take them off, I close my eyes and let the water beat my skin.

Flashback

I walked through the warehouse and shots are firing in all directions. I'm not scared though and run through.

I shoot at rivals until someone pulls me to the side, "k–kid your shot," I don't know this person but I know he doesn't know me. I didn't even notice I was bleeding until he told me and I was still trying to go back.

He leads me out of the warehouse forcefully but safely and my vision starts to blur but I get in my car and drive away.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear shuffling. I hop out of the shower and wrap myself in a towel, then grab my gun off the sink. Slowly I come out and stand facing my door, my stomach craps and I lean against the wall behind me.

The doorknob turns slowly and I put my gun up. Zen enters, "Hey they did–" he drops the bag and I drop my gun and slide down onto the floor. "Jesus Christ, I told your ass to rest," he runs over to me as I'm breathing heavily.

"I'm sorry Zen, I thought someone else was here," his gaze burns through me.

"You're scared." He says with a deadpan stare.

"I'm not." I get up and limp over to my closet, he picks up my gun and puts it on my shelf.

"Hey, wipe your prints off that," he looks at me and rolls his eyes.

"I'm serious, anybody could come into this house tonight and your prints would be all over that gun." He gets a wipe and cleans the gun.

Then he picks up the food, "I brought you some Wendy's, you should eat and get some sleep,"

"You know I'm not sleeping tonight, I got into a mess and I gotta keep you safe." 

"You're going to get some sleep even if I have to knock you out," I roll my eyes and laugh. He kisses my head and leaves my room, I take my time to change into a shorts and T-shirt.

I put my gun under my pillow and start to eat my sandwich. My phone rings and I groan, "hello,"

"Hello, Boss lady we have a delivery in Washington."

"Look I have a lot to do tonight, send me the details and I'll be there, don't call my phone again." I hang up and finish my sandwich. Then I go over to my desk and start on some paperwork, I work at a Large company, in an office and I have work due.

After hours of slaving over my work Zen comes into my room all tired, "come on Bei, you need to sleep at least one night,"

"Look zen I have a lot to do right now ok, so just give me a break." He gives me a frown and leaves my room. I don't want to be harsh but I don't need him worrying about me.

I sigh and get back to what I was doing, statistics. This company is all about modeling and magazines. I was a model for them once but the job was too damn hard, so I decided on paperwork.

About three in the morning I get extremely tired and decide to go to bed. I lay on my bed and drift off into a tormented sleep. I never slept well while I'm stressed.