Chapter twenty three: "there for me"

I wake up and check my phone before anything else, its almost nine o'clock. So I have a shower and go downstairs, Zen is getting ready to leave and Remi is eating pizza.

I sit beside her and just watch, "what?" She says and gets up.

"Um let's talk," she shakes her head, "we have nothing to talk about Beige." She starts on the dishes.

"I was a bítch last night and I blamed you guys for being distractions...look I'm sorry." She looks at me.

"Bei you called me here so we could hang out, I had work and I made time for you..clearly you can't be bothered to do the same." She sighs and I look down.

"I'm off today but I have a lunch meeting so maybe we could grab a coffee now or after."

She scoffs and I sigh, "yeah, maybe after your lunch I'll take you to the movies?"

"Of course, you can get us tickets for a late movie and after we grab ice cream."

She smirks, "and maybe a bottle of wine," I roll my eyes and laugh.

"How about weed?" She laughs.

"I've actually got some good weed in one of my bags," she says

"Its a date!" I say and hug her, she hugs me back and sighs.

"Now leave me alone gremlin." I punch her and sit back around the island.She finishes on the dishes and looks at me giving her the puppy eyes. She furrows her eyebrows and looks at me fully. "What?" She says carefully, I lean my head against me hand.

"No," I groan and pout.

"Come on! You make it for me all the time." She wipes her hands.

"Hmm, nope," then she begins to walk away.

"Rems, please."

"Uh-uh my cookies are for people who love me," I act shocked.

"But I do love you, you want a kiss baby." She laughs as I get up and attack her.

We fall to the ground and I'm on top of her. I start to kiss all over her face, "stop!"

She laughs and starts to tickle my sides, I begin to laugh. "Babe!" We both stop and kinda just stare at each other. I clear my throat and get off her, a smile still lingering on my lips.

"I'll make em tomorrow, how about that?" She gets up

"Mm, sounds perfect," I say and walk past her.

"I'm gonna get ready, don't wanna be late," she laughs.

"It's only ten thirty,"

"I take practically an hour to get ready and it's a long drive so..." She nods and I run to my room. I strip down and get in the shower, I take a long shower, unwinding. When I'm done, I dry myself and put on my underwear. I've decided to flat iron my hair and give it a middle part with edges.

Today I'm wearing a burgundy, plain T-shirt, white skinny jeans matched with a the coat Remi gave me and burgundy converses. I'm actually living for this look, Veronica might not though.

I'm finished and I actually took longer than I thought I would. Its actually twelve o'clock already. I make my way downstairs where Remi is watching Family Guy. "Hey I'll be back later, remember the tickets."

"Yeah," she turns to me, "you look good,"

"Thanks," I grab my bag which has my gun and my keys.

"Wanna take my car?"

"And why would I do that now?" She shrugs

"It's a cute car." I laugh and pick up her keys, "also your cute and I want you to look like the boss."

I roll my eyes, "goodbye."

I leave the house and get inside her car, I inhale deeply, it smells like her for fucks sake. Her stuff always has her signature smell, it's like fresh and minty but masculine and sexy. That's why I stole all her sweaters, I still have some.

I start up the car and drive to the location Veronica sent me. When I arrive I see her leaning against her car. I park next to her and come out, "oh crap, I didn't notice it was you, why do you change cars so frequently?"

"It's not my car," she holds out her hand and I take it.

"Then whose is it?" We begin to walk to the front doors of the café. Its actually a very good café, I've never been to this one but the reviews are great.

"Remi." We go inside and widens her eyes at me.

"She's back in town?" Her expression is humor, "how long?"

I roll my eyes, "you seem like you've heard a joke."

"Well I know your history and what you've both been through, I was there for you remember?"

I laugh falsely, "yes I remember how you were there for me, I remember mostly how we fucked for hours an-"

"Christ Beige, don't- I ...." She sighs and I laugh.

"Anyways the trip to Russia," I say, "we will be gone for the Christmas."

"Ah yes, but you'll be with me at an expensive hotel talking about models and which Russian girl we wanna let dominate us,"

"Yesss, please lord yes!" She shushes me and laughs.

"Were taking a company jet so there is no need for customs, bring your passport still."

"So um we leave in two week right?"

"Yup, same time in two weeks, also I need to bring you shopping on Friday, what's today?" She scrolls through her phone.

"It's Tuesday,"

"Oh ok, I have a dinner with Edwin, fucking horny prick," I laugh.

"He is a prick and I really don't need you to bring me shopping."

"We're going to be going out a lot and having the models do runway etcetera, I want you to look expensive. spoilt even."

"You think I can't afford them?" I tilt my head.

"No, not at all, I just...it's me who's inviting you let me pay." I smile.

"Fine." She smiles.

"Ok let's order I'm starving and no one made me breakfast," she powers off her phone and I do the same.

"Well I was thinking, waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, fried chicken, shrimp pasta, fish fillet, a fruit dish, maybe a salad with bacon, cheesy fries, hot cocoa, double espresso, bagels and chocolate muffins...which do you want?"

"Yes," she laughs and puts down the menu, "are we having it all?"

"Maybe," she gives me a side glance and I can't help but laugh.

"Um I will probably just take the muffin, bacon salad and a double espresso." I give her that look.

"I'm concerned about you, but I will have the cheesy fries with bacon and a hot chocolate."

"Ok then," we order and as soon as the food is served we begin to eat and talk.