Chapter nineteen: "She like me"

I wake up on top of Winter, her cologne lingers on the clothes I'm wearing.

I take my time looking at her, she looks so peaceful when she's sleeping. Her lips are slightly parted and I can see her pearly whites.

My lips connect with hers and it doesn't take long before she kisses me back. "G'morning," she pulls away and I blush so deep, "you was tryna steal a kiss huh?"

I get off her and she sits up and yawns, "get your stuff I'll drive you back home,"

"Oh ok, it's uh...my day off so," I try and hint to her.

"What are you getting at?" She ask sternly which makes me rethink.

"Maybe we could do so–"

"I don't mix work and leisure," she says and my heart breaks a little.

"Oh, ok I'll just." I get my clothes and put them in my bag. She leads me back to her car and I make her stop at my work.

Then I collect my car and drive the rest of the way by myself.

When I get home I see a new car in front of the house. Zens fling must still be here, I go inside and I see Zen kissing this person. "Don't burn the bacon Zenith," they break apart and I sit around the island.

"Oh shit!" Zen turns off the stove and puts the bacon in a bowl.

"Good Morning Bei, your back early," he looks to mystery boy, "this is Beige,"

"Oh it's so nice to meet you," he outstretches his hand but I just look at him. "Well my name is Graham," Zen eyes me with a puppy dog look and I laugh.

"No,"

"What do you mean no!" He whines.

"I'm not gonna let you break your heart, he's a fúck boy Zen," I shake my head. I look back at the man, he has short black hair, fair skin and brown eyes. I narrow my eyes at him and he smiles.

"Well, let's just have breakfast," I take up the bowl of bacon and a soda from the fridge.

"Enjoy," I go up to my room and sit in my bed, I pull out my phone.

"Hello?"

"Yeah what's up Beige?"

"I want you to come to town for a visit, it's been too long."She sighs. Her voice sound beautiful and tired like it often does.

I agree, "The feds have left me alone so I guess that couldn't hurt, how about tomorrow?"

"Of course, I'll see you then love." She says "Bye."

"Yeah," I hang up.

I hear Zen calling me, I go downstairs, "what?!" He gives me a look.

"A car is outside I'm guessing it's gang babe, which by the way tell her I said hi," I was already walking by the time he said outside. It was Winters car, she came out and leaned against it.

"What do you want?" She looks at me weirdly and I notice I'm still holding the bowl of bacon.

"I thought you might need this, " she holds up my work key card.

"Shit thanks." I take it from her and turn around to go back inside.

"I thought about what you said," there was a long pause, "maybe we should hang out today."

I don't respond for some time, "I thought I was work and you don't mix work and leisure."

"Maybe that was a shitty thing to say," I roll my eyes and turn around.

"Enjoy your day Winter, I can bet you have a lot of things to do," I go to leave but she grabs my hand and pulls me close to her.

My eyes widen, "go put on something comfy, I'll wait," she let's go and takes some of my bacon.

I start to walk, "you almost burnt them," I go into the kitchen.

"Well Zen I'm going out I guess."

"Where?" I shrug still in a but of shock, I run up to my room and have a shower. Then I put on a baby blue jeans and a black crop top with black slides.

I catch my hair in a pony tail and put on some gloss. Winter is still leaning against her car, I go outside and get inside the car.

"If I knew all I had to do was demand things from you'd I'd be a happy woman," I roll my eyes.

Why do I like it so much when she bosses me around and invades on my privacy, its really not healthy but shít.

Without me noticing she pulls up to a
Café. Its one I've heard of but never got the chance of going. We go inside and she picks a seat close to the windows. I take that to my advantage and look outside at the people passing by.

My phone rings and I pick it up, "rude." Winter says and I roll my eyes.

"Hey babe, what's up?" It's the person from earlier.

"Is it ok if I come tonight instead of tomorrow," I light up.

"Of course! Are you kidding, wine and or Hennessey all night," I hear them laugh.

"Ok bye babe," I hang up and Winter is staring at me.

"I'm taking you out tonight," she looks at me.

"Oh, I kinda have a thing tonight," I look at her and her gaze is cold.

"No I know," she says with a blank face.

"Yeah but I really can't," she raises her brows.

"Beige I didn't ask a question," she shakes her head, "think of it as work, I'm telling you you have to come."

"Um ok," I text my friend telling them I have plans, "done." That was quite uncomfortable.

I sit silently, and she orders us something to eat. It's a java chip frap and strawberry cheesecake for me and just regular black iced coffee for her.

"You know it's rude to order for someone," I cock my head.

She laughs, "I don't think I asked."

"What is this and don't say some bullshit, your controlling and rude and I don't know anymore. Stop hiding behind being a bitch and say what you gotta say."

"Ok wanna hear it, this is me liking you, I know why but I don't care. Saying I'm Controlling and rude, that's a low blow and don't call me a bitch Beige." My mouth widens she get up and puts a hundred dollar bill on the table.

"I'll see you tonight at nine," then she leaves the coffee shop leaving me in all my thoughts.

She just said she likes me, she just said...she likes me. SHE JUST SAID SHE LIKES ME!!!