CH-1

CHASE'S POV

So, I was Playing tag with Marshall And Rocky. Marshall was it, but I didn't really pay attention to the game. I was just staring at Skye playing hide and seek with Rubble and Zuma. Ohh, how I love her so much. She's beautiful. She's sweet. She's cute. She's... Perfect.

Then, while she was hiding from Rubble, she stared at me. We had locked eyes, not even moving for a second. Even though she was far away, I was lost staring into her Sparkling Magenta eyes. Okay, maybe I was a little too lost looking at her when I was tagged by Marshall.

"Ta.. WOAAHHHH!" Marshall yelled as he ran into me, not being able to stop. I, who was busy staring at Skye for some reason, didn't know he was coming. He absolutely blew me over, so hard in fact that I almost fell in the bay, just hanging on with one paw.

I thought about calling for help but I didn't want Skye to see me as a sissy. So I used my other paw to climb up. They all were screaming my name, but I didn't listen. I was just thinking about 2 things. One, Skye. And Two, that stupid song. 'Just keep climbing. Just keep climbing. Just keep climbing climbing climbing climbing.' Okay, I know I'm wierd.

SKYE'S POV

I was playing hide and seek with Rubble and Zuma today morning. I was hiding and rubble was the seeker. I decided to hide in a small hole just under a tree and poked my head out to see what the others were doing.

As soon as I peeked to the other side, I saw the pup of my dreams, Chase, staring in my direction. I decided to look him in the eye, in his Lovely Chocolate brown eyes. He did the same. I felt a little warm, probably because my favorite pup was looking at me not even blinking and I was doing the same.

Then, I saw Marshall running towards him at insane speed. He tried to slow down, but the ground was a little too wet. I saw him plough Chase over so hard that he almost fell into the bay, hanging on for dear life just above the water. He had to climb a lot of rocks to reach back up.

I felt my heart drop down to it's lowest point. I thought 'Screw the game, Im going to help him'. "Chase!" I yelled running towards the point where he was. The others followed

CHASE'S POV

They were all screaming my name, but I kept climbing. The water in the bay was extremely cold, and I didn't want to die so young. I kept climbing, and eventually, reached the top. When I climbed out, everyone attacked me with hugs and licks. I felt good but I felt the best when Skye hugged me. It was a very warm hug. I looked at her, and she was crying.

"Hey Skye, why are you crying? I'm perfectly fine." I asked her. "I...I thought I l.. Lost you." She said, while still in tears. That created a hole inside of my heart. It pained me to see her sad, let alone cry.

I closed my eyes, and brought her into another hug, calmed her down and said "Skye, you'll never lose me. Whatever happens, I am always going to stay with you. Now please, stop crying. It pains me to see you sad, let alone cry." I said, almost in tears myself.

ZUMA'S POV

Skye was still crying. I had never seen her cry that much. In fact, none of us had. Even though Chase calmed her down, she still continued to cry, burying her face into his chest.

Chase's eyes we're still closed. They were when he hugged her again. I guess he couldn't bear to see her crying. When he opened his eyes, they were filled with water. He was crying too. That was the first time any of us had seen him let a tear flow down his eye. Well, the first time was at farmer Yumi and Farmer Al's wedding. I was actually really shocked. I kind of liked Skye, but seeing them today, I didn't really stand much of a chance.

SKYE'S POV

I was still crying, burying my face into his chest. I felt safe when he was around, especially hugging me, but after I almost lost him, I didn't feel as safe.

I felt something cold fall on my head, and soon heard a quiet whimper. I stopped crying and looked at Chase. He opened his eyes, and they were filled with water. He was crying too.

For the record, I had never seen him cry before. I felt bad to see him cry. I felt like, it was my fault that he was crying. The rest of the pups started crying too, even Ryder.

"Chase? Are you.. Crying?" I asked, feeling terrible. "What else can I do?" He said, now completely in tears. "It really hurts me when you are hurt Skye. This is the third time I've cried in my entire life. First, when I lost my family. Second, when it was the farmer's wedding. And Third, Seeing you cry." He said.

"Please Skye. Please stop Crying. If you want me to be happy. Please stop crying." He said, now bawling in tears. I felt like a monster. The mighty Chase, was now an emotional wrecking ball.

"Ryder, I'm sorry. I failed to keep my promise." Chase spoke, his voice cracking a bit. What was he talking about.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "When I became second in command, I promised Ryder that I would never let any other pup cry, and definitely not cry myself. But today, I broke both of my promises. Ryder sir, you can remove me from second in command if you want." Chase said with no hesitation.

"Chase, I know you promised both of those things, but it's okay if I'm also Crying. And also, Chase, you aren't gonna be removed from second in command. Ever. You do great as a leader and I don't think anyone can replace you." Ryder said while hugging both of us.

Soon, the rest of the pups also joined our group hug. We just sat there in silence and cried together, letting all of our emotions flow freely. We sat there till it was dinnertime.

"Come on pups. It's time for dinner. Lets go inside." Ryder said while getting up, wiping a tear from his face, and went into the lookout, followed by Marshall, Rubble, Rocky and Zuma.

I stayed back with Chase, who had also stopped crying, but was still looking quite depressed.

"I'm sorry If I made you cry." I told him. "It's okay Skye. But if you really want to make me happy, smile. Just once for me. Don't be sad anymore. I'm okay and I will be if you're happy." He said looking at me.

I smiled, because I wanted to see him happy too, and smiling also made me feel good after all that crying. He looked at me, and smiled too. I felt really warm. My heart went from basically rock bottom, to the ruler of the sky.

"Let's go and have dinner. Crying really makes a person hungry." He suggested. I mean, he was right. My stomach felt like it would jump out and eat the whole world if I didn't have dinner.

"Sure, let's go." I said. We started walking back to the lookout. I was leaning on him all the way home. I felt safe and happy again. He brought the joy, that was temporarily gone, back into my life. We went inside, and joined the other pups for dinner.

AYY, FIRST CHAPTER DONE. IF YOU LIKED IT, WELL PLEASE VOTE AND GIVE ME SOME MORE IDEAS, BECAUSE THIS COULD TURN OUT TO BE A REALLY GOOD FAN FICTION. ANYWAYS, TANKS DOR READING, AND I'LL SEE Y'ALL LATER. PEACE✌