CH-13

CHASE'S POV

The Heck has been happening the past few days? That shit was just too much for me, so me and Skye slowly crept to my pup house. Good thing we escaped the so called 'Kissing Grounds'. We just laid down on the floor of my pup house when I suddently realised something.

I instantly got up and started putting all of my belongings in a bag. In the midst of this, Skye asked me what I was doing. "Today is a sad day." I sighed and picked up more stuff. "Why? What's wrong?" She asked. "It's time to say goodbye to my police truck." I said, almost in tears. I had a lot of good memories with this truck.

I started getting flashbacks of the Great Race and the whole Hootie Thing. But the one I remembered the most was of the time I first got it.

FLASHBACK

"So Ryder sir, why did you call us here?" I asked. He smiled, and said "I've called you all here to give you something." At the time, there were only me, Marshall and Skye in the team. We had just finished building the lookout with some help from Mayor Goodway, and I gotta say, it looked insane.

"First, Chase. Please step forward." He called my name out. I stepped forward, and sat down while slamming my paw on the ground saying "Yes sir.". " Chase, ride down the slide. There's a surprise for you at the end." He said. I mean, how could I not? I was only 4 at the time, and was a very curious pup.

I jumped on the slide and rode down, where I landed in a blue box? I was like, 'What the crap is this?". " Chase, it works only when you bark." Ryder told me through my puptag. "Ruff!" I barked as I saw the oup house lift up. The wheels popped out, with wheel arches coming afterwards. I saw the windscreen come up, along with the police lights on the sides and cones at the back, with my grill lifting up to reveal a winch that came out just before the grill went back down.

"Woah" I said in awe. "Chase, say hello to your new police cruiser." Ryder said, to which the other two pups howled, and, so did I. "Ryder sir, can I go for a test drive?" I asked him. "Sure Chase, but wait for Marshall and Skye." Ryder said as they both went down the slide.

I saw their pup houses convert into a helicopter for Skye and a fire truck for Marshall. "Go for it!" Ryder said as he got on his new ATV and rode out the garage. I turned on my engine, and the car started up with a subtle roar from the 5 Litre Modular V8 Engine.

I launched the truck, and it wheelied all the way to the bridge. I had the experience of driving a vehicle, but Marshall and Skye didn't. Marshall was swerving all over the place, whereas Skye was flying in a zig zag position.

At one point, she lost control and fell out of the helicopter. I felt my heart beating out of my chest as I saw her falling down. My instincts kicked in, and I sped to where she was falling, and just caught her in my arms. She opened her eyes, and looked straight into mine with a smile on her face. I did the same, and we both hugged and nuzzled each other.

"You okay Skye?" I asked her. "Yeah Chase, I'm fine. Thanks for saving me." She said while hugging me again. I blushed for the first time in my life, well second because the first time I blushed was when I saved her from those wolves and she kissed me on my cheek.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the sound of a camera click. I looked at Ryder, and saw a camera in his hands. He took out the picture, and showed it to us while laughing. Marshall was laughing too. At first I didn't understand what was going on, but when I saw the picture I understood it all.

It was of me blushing when we were hugging. I didn't know it was that clear. Then, we heard a boom. We rushed over there, and saw the copter in pieces in the park. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but there was a lot of damage. After we cleared it, we headed back to the lookout

FLASHBACK ENDS AND SKYE'S POV

After some time, he started sobbing quietly. I knew that he was a very emotional pup, so I tried to calm him down, and it worked. Well, so much for being emotional. I mean, I could kind of understand why. He had a lot of memories with his truck, and saying goodbye is never that easy.

"I'm going to miss this." He said as he took out the last thing from his truck, which was a packet with a bunch of photos. "Hey, can I look at those photos for a sec?" I asked him. He nodded, and gave me the packet.

I opened it, and looked at all the photos that were inside. They were of me, with him. Wow. Didn't see that coming. "Why are there photos of me?" I asked him. "Uhhm, no reason?" He said. I could've sworn I saw his cheeks go red again.

"And done." He said as he picked up his packed bag and headed back to the lookout. Thank God the others had stopped kissing, and it looked like they went to the beach. I went with him to the lookout. But wait, if he took all of his stuff inside, would he sleep inside too? I was kind of nervous, because I always relied on him to help me sleep.

"So, are you going to sleep in the lookout?" I asked him. "Yep, unfortunately." He sighed as he opened the door to his new room, which was huge. It had an in built TV screen, a place to play pup pup boogie, a huge king sized bed, a snack machine and a few beanbags coloured Red, which was closest to his bed, then light red, cyan, green and orange, but no pink.

"If this is according to our colours, where will I sit?" I asked him. He smiled at me, and told me to look at the other half of the bed. I looked, and saw that half of the bed was coloured in pink. "I told you I'd always be right with you." He said.

Then, I remembered something. "Wait, where will your new whip go?" I asked him. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think it will stay outside with all the other pup houses." He said as he went to the garage to bring it up. When he sat in it and I got in the back seat, he told me to cover my ears.

I took his warning seriously, since I already heard what it sounded like. But I wore my earmuffs, just in case. Chase didn't wear anything on his head, so I gave him his hat to wear on his ears. After a few moments, he started his 8.0 Litre, Quad TurboCharged W16 Engine. Wow, I knew how to say that. Nice.

Again, that sound. That loud Loud sound. The whole garage started shaking violently. Then, Chase told me that he was going to rev it. I nodded as he put the car into neutral and floored the throttle. That loud and terrifying rumble made me scared a little, because I thought that the car would explode, but it didn't. Instead, the shelves in the garage fell down because of the vibrations.

A few seconds later, I got a call from Ryder. "SKYE, DID YOU AND CHASE FEEL THE EARTHQUAKE?!?" He shouted as he was scared. "IT WASN'T AN EARTHQUAKE, IT WAS THE W16 FROM CHASE'S NEW HYPERCAR!" I shouted as they wouldn't be able to hear me over the motor if I spoke normally.

Then, Chase put the car in drive, and drove out of the garage. Everyone ran inside the lookout,probably because they thought that it was Godzilla himself who came to visit them. We both turned off the car, and laughed at their reaction.