CH-11

SKYE'S POV

Oh god. What did he have to tell me? My mind just kept recing. Was it about one of his secrets, or, me? I just laid down, and tried to calm down, but couldn't. Something didn't let me relax.

I decided to just get up and have some fun playing pup pip boogie. As I was walking inside, I saw Chase sitting on the beanbag, looking quite nervous. So, I decided to walk up to him.

"Hey Chase." I said as I hugged him. He hugged back, and I felt warm again. Then, I got to the point. "Chase, you look nervous. Something wrong?". " No, everything is fine." He said with a smile. I didn't believe him though.

We were just laying there on the beanbag, side by side, when Chase thought of an idea. "Hey, why don't we watch a movie together?" He asked. You bet I said yes.

It was a romantic movie, my favourite type. While watching it, we were in a great position. I was snuggled into his side and he had wrapped his arm around me while laying his head gently on mine. We were just laying there watching the movie.

It was called 'Warm Blooded Love' and it was about a Cockapoo and a German Shepherd who had their hearts broken by their mates and decided to escape that place to find their actual love.

They both lived in different places in the country, but ended up finding each other, along with some goons who wanted to kill them. They joined together to get away from them, and escaped into a new place.

In the end they ended up getting married. The movie ended with them kissing and the camera was zoomed on their face. Then, the screen went blank.

"Wow, that was so good." I said getting up. I looked at Chase, and he was tearing up a bit. Oh yeah, I forgot that he was quite an emotional one.

After he was done, he looked at me, and I looked at him. We were stuck staring at each other again. 5 minutes went by, and we were still stuck like that. Eventually, he broke the silence.

"Umm, Skye? Remember how I wanted to tell you something?" He asked with his nervous face. "Uhh... Yeah?" I said, kind of confused. He sighed and said "I think it's time for me to say what needs to be said."

CHASE'S POV

"Come on Chase. You can do this. It's just 3 words, you can do this." I kept telling myself, obviously in my mind. My whole body went numb. She was standing right in front of me. God dammit, now wasn't the time to freeze up.

When I felt the heat come back in my body, I spoke up. "S-Skye, I've been needing to say this ever since I first saw you, but-" I said as I was interrupted by Marshall's call. DAMMIT!

"Yeah, Marshall, now's not really the time." I said. "No Chase, trust me. Come to the emergency room quickly." He said as the call ended. It took me a minute, but i finally figured it out: The test results are here.

I ran to the room, followed by Skye, who was not that far behind. I bursted through the door, and saw Marshall with Everest, who was laying on the bed.

"What are the results?" I asked him. "Positive." That word struck my ears like an agitated hornet. "Wh-what?" I asked again, since I was in complete and utter shock. "The test results came positive." He said again. Emotions began flooding my mind. I was scared, happy, sad, angry, excited, confused and what not.

I hugged him tightly, not knowing that I was crying. After all, it was probably one of the happiest moments of my life. I was going to become an Uncle. Just imagining the small dalmatian or husky pup coming up to me saying "Uncle Chase" Made me whimper.

We all 4 joined a group hug. We were crying, but they weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of joy, knowing that there would be a joy coming to their life.

Then, a question came into my mind. 'Will Ryder approve of this?. I got scared, knowing that there was a chance that he may not like this. "Umm guys, will Ryder approve of this?" I asked them. "Oh shoot, I forgot about him." Marshall said, realizing that it was a huge problem if he didn't like it.

"What will we do if be doesn't approve?" Skye asked. "We're going to have to." I stopped, seeing that Everest was sad. "I think I should tell him." Marshall said.

"Yeah, I think you should go. After all, you are the father." I said. He looked scared. I mean, I could understand why, so I decided to go with him as support. He smiled at me, as we made our way to the lookout deck.

RYDER'S POV

I was in the top deck, where I always am, playing video games. I heard the elevator door go 'ding'. I looked up, and saw Chase and Marshall walking towards me. They had a scared look on their face. Marshall's looked like he was really scared, whereas Chase didn't look too scared, but he was.

"Hey pups, what's wrong?" I asked them. Chase took a deep breath, and spoke, "Ryder, can we have a talk with you in the emergency room?" How could I say no? The face he made, meant he really needed me there, so I went with them.

As I walked inside, I saw Everest on a hospital bed, and Skye talking to her, with some papers in her hand. I was confused. Did Everest have a sickness, or what?

"Ryder, there's something we need to tell you. I don't know if you'll like it or not, but, you have to know this." Chase said. "Know what?" I asked. "Ryder, Everest is, Pregnant." Marshall said just before I passed out on the floor