Disclosure

When the Prophet returned to his home from the desert, he told Khadijah the Revelation from Above given by Jibril.

Upon hearing the gruntings and slurings of Muhammad, she erupted into great laughter. It is said according to Uthman that she laughed so hard, her ribcage nearly raptured open.

Muhammad, incensed by the mockery from his wife threatened,

"You old woman, I shall triumph against all who mock me and I will bring forth eternal torment upon those who dare blaspheme me"

At sunrise, Muhammad went out to the markets with Khadijah. Announcing the Revelation from Above onto the vendors and sellers he preached,

"O people listen to me. I bring forth the Revelation from Above to you. That truth which the god Jibril revealed onto me"

Before Muhammad could continue, a merchant interrupted him,

"Jibril is no god but an angel of the true God. Why has thoust make into a god that which is a creation? Even the Pagans not do this"

Muhammad was enraged by the interruption, pointing at the merchant and barking curses upon curses onto him. He and those who heard his claim merely roared out in laughter.

Even the Pagan traders amongst them joined into the chorus of laughter and one of them going in front of Muhammad mocked,

"O what good is it to be of the lineage of temple keepers when thoust lie of the faith of the Romans. A shame onto your lineage thoust brought. Such dishonor will only provoke the wrath of countless gods and the god of the Romans"

That day Muhammad left the market in great shame, face and ears red as the evening sun as every where we went, laughter roared. All could see his wife scolding him for his childish display and pulling him by the ear.

Word of Muhammad's announcement reached the temple and when Muhammad's father heard of his ignorance of Jibril, he lowered his head in great shame and vowed to disown the son who brought him and his lineage such dishonor.

Thus, he went forth to his house in the evening, giving an ultimatum to Muhammad and his wife.

He said,

"You have disgraced our family for lying about the god of the Christians. You disgraced us who worship in purity the gods and goddesses of this land by falling for the lie of an evil spirit.

Therefore you and your wife must depart and never step into this city again or else you shall be cut down by the sword."

Khadijah gasped in shock hearing this sentence. Muhammad grabbed his father by the neck and tightening his grip vowed,

"The next time I set foot in Medina, I will slay you by the sword and smash every single one of your gods to the ground. Mark my words. By the will of Jibril!"

Then, grabbing Khadijah by the hand, they packed their belongings and departed the city. They went out into the desert. Muhammad stopped by the cave again and went in, scolding,

"How dare you Jibril! Your Revelation from Above brought me such misfortune!

Where are the women for me to know that you promised?

Why did the people and my father mock this truth you claim to deliver?"

Then a flash of light appeared and the voice answered,

"O Muhammad when did I ever said I, Jibril am a god?"

Muhammad's lips was locked in silence. Outside, Khadijah heard only a deep menacing growl as the lions in the Savannah. She trembled in fear, worried her husband was conjuring evil spirits.

The voice then continued,

"Your error has caused Medina to reject the Revelation from Above. Therefore now, depart to Mecca. There you shall find a square altar where a black stone is worshipped.

You shall preach the Revelation from Above there and I shall be with you. The people shall listen as I shall give them a sign.

Now go, onto Mecca"

Muhammad bowed to the light and nodded. Going out of the cave, Khadijah smelt a rotten odour that is emitting from her husband's body but, recalling that growl, she remained silent and followed him to Mecca.