Binding of Muhammad

Muhammad was dragged by the mob to the Kaaba. Along the way numerous people joined in, turning the small mob into a large procession that cheered and mocked him. From the moment of surrender to the Kaaba, Muhammad kept still, head slouched down.

All around him the people were mocking,

"O Muhammad, where is your Allah now? Even your own property fled from you"

But he remained completely silent. In his heart however, he supplicated Allah and Jibril, offering promises to trust in them. Only silence was returned. It seemed they have abandoned him.

When the procession reached the Kaaba, the mob that seized him laid Muhammad before the Black Stone. To honour the gods, all who were present began circumambulating around the Black Box, calling out to their gods,

"We have restored your honour. We subdued the defiler and his evil spirit. Look down upon us and be pleased with this sweet scenting sacrifice we shall offer you"

While this was taking place, Muhammad rolled his body to face the Black Stone. Once more he let out a supplication,

"Allah please. Jibril please. I learned my lesson. I won't doubt you anymore. Please, please. The Signs should had been enough for me. I beg you please!"

Again there was but silence. Not even a sign was given onto him. Soon the rulers and the priests arrived at the Kaaba, baffled by the circumambulation that is happening. Scratching their heads, they wondered until they saw before the black box, Muhammad bound by tight ropes.

"At long last this sorcerer has been subdued. We have honoured our fathers", they rejoiced.

Going up to Muhammad, the priests and rulers shouted and the circumambulation ceased. Everyone turned to them as they asked,

"Who is the one who have captured this vile magician?"

The mob which seized him went up before them. But lo and behold, they began to bicker amongst one another over the bounty placed on him.

One of them argued,

"I was the one who first heard him screaming. It it werent for me, the Defiler would had remained hidden"

Another, raising his club objected,

"Are you saying we are all deaf and mute? How dare you! I will have the reward when I am done with you!"

Then another grumbled,

"All those women shall be mine! None for you!"

Before long the mob were smoting one another with sickles and clubs. In vain the rulers and priests tried to calm them. Howling as hyenas, they traded blows and swung their weapons. Blood splattered onto the ground below. Fingers flew as they were slashed off.

One of the priests turned his gaze to Muhammad and kicked him, cursing,

"You swine! This must be the work of the evil spirit you worship!"

As soon as this was heard, many of the crowd began to shiver and cry out in fear. They recalled the signs. Those who went out of him immediately went forth and pounce upon the rulers and priests.

Now all around Muhammad were weeping and frenzied brawls. Unfortunately for those traitors who repented, they were swiftly cut down by the swords of the rulers. One of them who fell right before Muhammad muttered with his dying breath,

"S-Sorry..may martyrdom be of service to Allah...A-Allahu..Akbar"

Muhammad merely remained silent as his god but smiled. He thought this is perhaps a sign from Allah and felt emboldened. He spat and mustering all the strength of his voice, shouted,

"O Mecca O Mecca. This is indeed another Sign from Allah. Cease your fighting immediately, release me from these tight bonds you set upon me.

If you cease your rebellion against the god of Ibrahim and the Stone, you shall be pardoned"

The priests and rulers scoffed at him. The crowd around them demanded in one voice his release, fearful of the powerful Signs they had seen. With the last man of the mob dropping, blood springing from a rapture on his shoulder, the rulers and priests laid their heads down in defeat.

Fearing revolt from the people they released Muhammad from his bonds. Before the Black Stone, they wrote a contract on two parchments as a condition for release to be signed by they and Muhammad.

Unbeknowst to them, Muhammad is in fact illiterate. He was unable to read and write. All he was told of the contract was that he is to be forbidden from returning to the city upon release. Feigning literacy, he nodded and looked at the terms stipulated on both parchments before placing his bloody handprint on them as his signature.

Then Muhammad was escorted out of the city. There were some who remembering the Signs and Revelations from Above, saw this release as a miracle from Allah. They gave up their properties and joined him.

Outside the city, they treaded through the desert, singing praises to Allah and Jibril. In the distance, Muhammad beheld an oasis of black water. A shimmering darkness stood before it and a familiar deep gutteral voice bidded,

"Come"