Khadijah's Fate

Khadijah was the first to hear the Revelation from Above. However she laughed and mocked him. When she saw the Signs that came forth from him, laughter turned to fear. Like the stone hearted Meccans, she thought he was conjuring evil spirits. Thus when the Prophet was by the edge of the sword, she fled.

Salih bin Kasan said that the night the Prophet was seized by the Meccans, Khadijah fled to Syria. There she resumed her trade. Night after night since abandoning the Prophet, she received visions of realities incomprehensible. 

In these visions, she found herself tied in a circle, torches of white flame dimly illuminating her surroundings. All around her, shadowy figures were circumambulating, chanting in unpronounceable tongues, droning and hissing in variegated pitches. She saw not directly these dancing and chanting figures, only recognising their heads being as the Nile crocodiles. 

Sometimes she would behold structures of geometry that could not exist in this world, appearing in brief flashes in her mind. Each time she thought of them, she would feel dizzy, losing her composure. 

Seeking to be free from these visions, Khadijah visited many sorcerers, giving offerings to numerous idols and drinking potion after potion. But these visions persisted. Worse still in the shadows and corners where ever she went, she saw dark looming shades staring down at her, whispering in the same guttural tone as the voice that gave the Prophet the Revelation from Above. 

Desperate, she went to the bishop of the city, falling at his feet and tugging the ends of his black robe, she begged,

"I am in great pain, attacked by an evil spirit. I have tried everything I could to rid myself of it but now I can only turn to you. I beg thee, free me from this spirit. If you do I shall be a Christian. Free me from this demonic attack."

The bishop, taking pity on her nodded and brought her into a church. Therein with the assistance of several priests, they prepared to perform an exorcism on her. Numerous deacons  began chanting out prayers and verses from the Jewish Scriptures. Hearing them, Khadijah felt pained throbbing in her eyes and ears. She howled and clasped her ears tightly. The bishop and priests pulled her arms, trying to loosen her grip from her ears. 

"NOOO! NOO MAKE IT STOP!! ARRRGHHHH!!!", Screamed Khadijah.

Suddenly with a great force, she flung the bishop and the priests away. They fell on their backs hard, trembling and crawling away as they saw her eyes pure black and streaming forth blood as tears. Groaning in pain, they slowly stood up. Two of the priests prepared to ran, only to be halted by the bishop who commanded,

"We can't run. We must stop this demon before it breaks out of here"

And thus the bishop commanded the deacons to chant louder as he and the priests went towards her. She began clawing at her ears, ripping them off her head and piercing her nails deep into the wounds. The bishop and priests made the sign of the cross and continued to pray, approaching her slowly. 

Before they could lay their hands on her, she went down on all fours and leapt as a frog out of the church. They gave chase behind. Out in the streets, a crowd of people watched in horror as something lifted Khadijah up in the air. While the people and the clergy who chased her before saw nothing, she saw a dark shade with rainbow coloured wings, wrapping her body about with numerous thin appendages which stung her skin. 

She screamed out, begging,

"P-Please..p-please...stop this...p-please..I would do anything for you..please"

But the voice said,

"Those who impede the will of Æłìæh deserve no mercy."

"N-No..please...s-stop...I would return to Muhammad and submit to Islam", she pleaded.

"It is too late, you should had stayed by the Apostle's side rather than flee from him as a coward. This is only the beginning of endless suffering for thee", it growled.

The appendages of that shade rippled and a dark current caused her flesh to corrode, turning into pink slimy liquid that splashed down onto the ground off her bones, which were now pure white, being strewn about.Those who beheld this screamed and ran away. The bishop and priests tried purifying that spot for days with holy oil and water. 

Yet, seeing that their efforts were for naught, they gave up. To this day, people avoided that area where a pinkish stain marked the spot where she died. Those who passed by it reported hearing low pitched gargled whispers in unknown tongue. At night, shades of black shadows could be seen lurking about. 

Word of her death spread around and reached the ears of the Prophet's father in Medina. Being aware of this, he became terrified. With teeth clattering, he said,

"W-What is this spirit that my son conjured? Would the gods be powerful enough to stop him if he ever return?"

Thus he went into the treasury, offering generous sums of gold for the services of vagrants, barbarians and mercenaries. He went before the city council, warning of the prophet and beseeching an expansion in manpower of the city watch. They with one mind concurred and drafted numerous able bodied men into the city watch, preparing the city for the return of the Prophet. 

During this time, it is said that in the Roman capital, the Emperor was looking out at the stars above and saw a comet blacker than night itself raining down onto the East. He fainted and dreamt of great grief and dread, his empire shredded into ruins. When he awoken, tended to by the physicians, he proclaimed,

"I saw the End. The Antichrist from the East will rise. He will deceive many and claim he is a prophet. His followers will grow and bring about the End. Lord have mercy!"