Introduction

This story is about mental illness. There are four main characters that I will introduce in this chapter.

Keep in mind the trigger warning in the description. I have done and will continue to do research on these topics so that I can portray what these mental illnesses really are, without romanticizing them.

Also, I know that there is a bigger age gap between the maknaes and the unnies, but for the sake of the smut, let them not be minors.

I'll try to update it maybe once a week, or once every two weeks, maximum.

Characters

Kim Yongsun

Age: 20 years oldHospitalization reasons: Frequent and debilitating panic attacks

Age: 20 years old
Hospitalization reasons: Frequent and debilitating panic attacks.

Kim Yongsun is a generally cheerful girl. She has always been nice to everyone she meets, but she tends to be too nice. After all, what would they think of her if she wasn't? People would think she's rude, or they wouldn't want to hang out with her. Maybe even if she is nice, they still think that way. Maybe every single one of her friends feels that way. That she is annoying with her skin ship, that she doesn't care about them, that she is selfish. The random people she passes on the street must think exactly the same way. "Why is that girl wearing those clothes?", "She walks so weirdly", "I can hear the music she's playing through her earphones, it's terrible". Of course, she couldn't hear them saying that, it was just what they thought of her.

And that lead her to another panic attack.

Moon Byulyi

Age: 19 years oldHospitalization reasons: Self-destructive behaviours

Age: 19 years old
Hospitalization reasons: Self-destructive behaviours.

Moon Byulyi was quiet. She had always been a shy kid, never made many friends, but also didn't bother to do so. People just avoided her. She knew it was because of something she couldn't control. But deep down, Byul couldn't help but to think that was her fault. It was her fault. Everything was her fault. She deserved it. What she has suffered, what she is suffering, what she will suffer. Her fault. Her fault only. The illness she had. Her fault.

She wasn't always like this. No. Something had happened for her to become this way. She didn't like to dwell on the past.

Because it was all her fault.

Jung Wheein

Age: 18 years oldHospitalization reasons: Unknown to everyone but her and her doctors

Age: 18 years old
Hospitalization reasons: Unknown to everyone but her and her doctors.

Jung Wheein is the first person everyone notices when they enter the mental institution for the first time. There she is, with a smile on her face, laughing loudly at a joke, or jumping around playing with the smaller kids, since the older patients had little to no patience for Wheein.

Wheein is the person that's been there longer than anyone else. No one knows exactly how long, or why she is there, since no one had ever witnessed any episode, attack, or anything of the sort. She was truly the mystery of the hospital. The person everyone knew, but didn't know.

No one knew the truth.

Ahn Hyejin

Age: 18Hospitalization reasons: Severe eating disorder

Age: 18
Hospitalization reasons: Severe eating disorder.

As a child, Ahn Hyejin had always been confident about her body. Sure, she was a little bit more on the chubby side, but what was so wrong with that? She was happy!
However, everything changed as soon as she set foot in highschool. She wasn't obese. She wasn't even considered to be "fat". But her body structure was different from all of the other girls. Her hips were larger and her thighs were stronger. That's it. She has always been confident about her thighs. But for some reason, no one at that highschool seemed to think the same way. So they made fun of her. Time, after time, after time, until Hyejin simply stopped eating. She was fat, or so they told her. It was the only thing she could to if she wanted to make friends. She starved herself. When she lost control and ate too much, she found a way to throw those calories out. And piece by piece, little by little, Hyejin was disappearing.

It's what she had to do.