Closet

"Yong." Byul called softly one more time.

Ten minutes had passed since Yongsun had closed the door to her huge, stone walls once again.

Wheein was sitting helplessly on the bed, trying to get her shit together so that she could help her friend, although Hyejin's gentle grip on her hand made her want to start crying all over again.

At first, Byul was torn between helping Wheein or Yongsun, but she knew Wheein had Hyejin and would forgive her for her choice. Yongsun wasn't that close to Hyejin yet, and Wheein wasn't in the state to help her, so despite all their past adversities, Byul was the best Yongsun had at the moment.

But Yongsun still refused to acknowledge anyone's presence.

She was still trembling slightly, memories of what had happened continuously rushing past her eyes, intrusive thoughts filling her brain, almost to flooding point.

It was too much! She had just told her parents that she was getting better, and now she was back to where she was when she was ten! Yongsun felt worthless. Like all her efforts had just been washed down the drain.

She could feel a gentle hand land on her shoulder. She knew it was Byulyi. But she also couldn't bear to look at her.

Why had she been so stupid? Singing I'm front of so many people? In front of Byul of all people.

It's like they always say. Sometimes you think with your head, other times with your heart.

It was rare for Yongsun to think with her heart. She usually didn't because this kind of shit always happened. She's a naturally selfish being, because she needs to be. Because she quite literally cannot live of she doesn't think of herself and her needs first.

"Yongsun, I'm serious. You can look at me." Yongsun heard Byulyi say. She refused to respond. "Your voice is amazing. And even if it wasn't, who gives a shit? You helped me, you calmed me down, and that's what people noticed." Byul continued.

Byulyi placed two fingers under Yongsun's chin, in an attempt to lift it up, but the older girl turned her face abruptly, still looking at the ground.

Yongsun wanted to leave. No, wait, she was in her room. She wanted everyone to leave. She needed to be alone, to breathe without feeling judged. To just be herself while no one was there to criticize.

"Leave." She whispered softly, her voice broken by the few tears that escaped her eyes as she uttered those words. She knew the words would hurt without any other context, but she was in no condition to explain.

Byul swore she felt her heart break in her chest. She felt actual, physical pain.

"W-What?" She asked softly, hoping she had misheard her friend.

Yongsun simply shook her head and turned away from her friends, who, one by one, slowly filed out of the room.

First, it was Hyejin, sighing in defeat and pulling Wheein with her, who looked more confused than anything.

Byul stayed behind for a moment, studying Yongsun, who now had her back turned to her in an attempt to isolate herself. Byulyi sighed, her hands in her pockets.

"I hope you know you can trust us." She said quietly. "I'll be in my room, if you need anything."

Byulyi lifted a hand, almost placing it on Yongsun's shoulder, but decided against it, letting if fall to her side as she sighed. Then, she turned around and left the room, closing the door softly behind her.

At last, Yongsun was alone with her thoughts. And on the other side of the door was Byulyi, resting her forehead against the light wood, her hands in fists by her side as she tried not to cry.

Because it was her fault that Yongsun was like this. It was, there was no denying it. Hadn't she been weak and broken down, Yongsun would now be smiling at her. Laughing with that wonderful dolphin laugh of hers, then quickly shutting up. Slowly and shyly reaching for her touch.

Byulyi let the tears fall as she rested her palm on the door. She could hear Yongsun's faint sobs on the other side and it hurt her. She wasn't able to do anything about it and it fucking hurt.

Because although only a few days with Yongsun had passed, she was sure she never wanted to be far from her. Be it as her friend, or more.

"Byulyi?" She heard behind her. "Is everything alright?"

Dahee placed her hand on Byul's shoulder gently, hoping the girl would open up to her.

However, instead, Byul merely growled a "follow me" and began walking down the corridor. Dahee did as she was told, confused. All she wanted was to know the cause of Byul's crying.

Her thoughts were pushed aside once she was pushed into a narrow utilities closet.

It was dark inside, Dahee couldn't make up anything but Byul shuffling inside, and then a pair of soft lips colliding with hers in a hard, wet kiss. Dahee gasped and leaned into Byul. Inside, she knew she shouldn't be doing this. Byulyi was clearly not in her right mind, and doing this would definitely make her feel worse.

But she also couldn't help but to want Byul. Because that's always the only thing she had felt for her. A physical need. A sexual attraction. Nothing more, or so she thought. And she was sure Byul felt exactly the same way. Only Byul only came to her in her most vulnerable moments.

Dahee, you need to stop. She thought to herself. But that though vanished once Byulyi began trailing kisses down her neck and her hand went up her skirt.

When she came out of the closet twenty minutes later (no pun intended), her hair was slightly more disheveled and her skin flushed red. Byulyi? It was like nothing ever happened as she strutted to her bedroom and slammed the door shut.

Little did she know, Ahn Hyejin was just rounding the corner when the two had finally come out, and saw everything from Dahee fixing her skirt with a smug look on her face, to Byul's initial guilty expression morphing into a blank one, thus confirming her suspicions about the nurse's true intentions with Byul and why she behaved like she did around Yongsun.

Why did no one try to warn me how hard Medicine is? Like. Seriously. I think half my neurons are currently dead and the other half is rapidly decaying and only a month has passed.

I hope this chapter was good enough, I've been writing it slowly for this past month, but I've just been too mentally exhausted to be creative, so I apologize.