French

Fair warning, this chapter kinda sucks, it's kind of a fluffy filler uwu. Also, Yongsun's parents don't have first names because I suck at giving names, so if you want me to name them, give me an idea or something 😂

Meeting the parents of a girl who you like, but who is not your girlfriend is awkward enough. Now add that on top of the fact that they had just seen you freaking out over such a trivial thing, and you've got yourself the epitome of awkwardness.

Yongsun had led Byulyi to the table she and her family were sitting at, and told her to sit down, while she called her family over. Yongsun didn't let go of her once, her hand moving from her waist to her hand.

Yongsun's family returned to the table, sitting down in silence and waiting for her daughter's instructions. They didn't want Byulyi to feel more uncomfortable than she probably already was.

They didn't mind that their time alone with Yongsun had been cut short. They could clearly tell how much Yongsun cared for the purple-haired girl. It didn't matter if it was platonically or romantically, Yongsun's family knew they had some sort of connection.

They waited while Yongsun silently talked to Byulyi, most likely asking for permission to talk about certain things, and reassure her about their presence. Mr. Kim noticed how his youngest daughter kept a tight grip on Byulyi's hand, refusing to let her go. Although it didn't seem as if Byulyi wanted to let go.

"So, this is Byulyi." Yongsun explained awkwardly, looking at her sister and silently asking her for help. Yonghee smiled and extended a kind hand.

"I'm Yonghee, Yongsun's older sister." She introduced herself. Byulyi was grateful she had a normal tone to her voice and that she didn't treat her as if she was mentally inept, as many people did after seeing one of her episodes. Byul returned the smile and shook her hand with a slight nod. Yongsun smiled at the interaction.

"And this is my mom and dad." She said, pointing to the two older people at the table, who also politely smiled.

"Hello." Mr. Kim said, taking initiative to start a conversation. "Yongsun told us you were in her group!" He said, to which Mrs. Kim nodded in agreement.

"It's been so long since we were introduced to one of Yongsun's friends." She gushed. Yongsun slightly lowered her head in embarrassment and turned to Byul.

"I, uh... I didn't have any friends... Before..." She explained. Byul squeezed her hand in reassurance and shook her head.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about, Yong. It's their loss, really." Byul said. Mrs. Kim smiled thankfully at her, and Byul smiled back kindly.

"Sorry, it's just-" Yongsun's apology was interrupted by a light tap on the back of her head. She winced and grinned at Byul, happy that their friendship's dynamic was going back to normal. "Yep, I guess I deserved that."

A slightly awkward silence fell upon the table, until Byulyi cleared her throat.

"So, uh..." She started. "Yongsun was really looking forward for today." She said, remembering what had happened two nights prior to that day, when Yongsun had started crying because she missed her sister. Yongsun blushed, also knowing exactly what Byulyi was talking about and rolled her eyes, playfully shoving her.

"Was she, now?" Yonghee teased, watching their interaction with a smirk, which made her sister glare at her. "Well, it kinds sucks not being able to call her everyday like we used to." She admitted, a sad smile on her face. Yongsun nodded.

"But you have nothing to worry about if she's here!" Byul was quick to interject. "I will... I mean, we will make sure she's okay!" She promised with a blush. Yonghee was quick to catch her slip-up.