Room

Yongsun watched grievously as her family exited the hospital. She looked on as Yonghee looked back at her, the tears she didn't want to release falling heavily down her cheeks. What was she supposed to do now? Yongsun wasn't able to talk to anyone, she wasn't capable of basic communication, how did her parents expect her to get better there?

Behind her, the nurse was patiently waiting for Yongsun to get comfortable. Patients with SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) weren't very common at the hospital, since most people suffering from the disease only need a few therapy sessions a week to start recovering. However, every employee at that hospital was highly trained to deal with most mental illnesses, as they should be.

Yongsun briskly wiped her tears before looking around her. There weren't many people in that big hallway. Only the girl who had presented herself as Jung Wheein, the nurse, and the ladies behind the front desk. It's almost like they knew she was coming... Wait, of course they did. 

Yong turned around to look at the nurse, never looking at her face directly.

"You ready to go?" The nurse asked. Yongsun stayed quiet, fidgeting with her hands. "I won't do anything you don't want me to do. Just nod when you're ready." Yongsun found the nurse really kind. It was hard for her, not being able to express her gratitude, or express how nice someone is. She nodded with her head once, which made the nurse smile, although this fact remained unknown for Yongsun.

The nurse helped her carry her lugage, and silently told Wheein to tag along, knowing that the girl would probably literally combust if she didn't. Wheein smiled, excited, and followed them, careful to not disturb the new patient.

"My name is Dahee. Lee Dahee, but you can call me by my first name.". Yongsun wanted to reply. She really did. But she knew that as soon as she opened her mouth to say something, the two women that were accompanying her would immediately dislike her.

There had been times, dark times, when she was younger, where Yongsun had contemplated whether it was really worth it for her to be alive. Fourteen year old Yongsun had laid down on her bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering if she was really worth all the money her parents had spent on her. After a good, long talk with her therapist, Yongsun decided that maybe these type of feelings were better off only in her head.

The corridors of the hospital were also not what Yongsun expected, which left her curious to see the rooms. The beige color of the big entrance morphed into a very light blue. They were covered with pictures and drawings, probably by other patients.

"This is our Hall of Fame." Wheein explained. "It's where our biggest accomplishments go! Maybe one day you'll have something here as well!" 

Yongsun found Wheein really nice. She was a hyper girl, no doubt about that. She reminded her of a cute little puppy. Yong hoped she could talk to Wheein one day.

As they walked down the corridor, many doors opened, children poking their heads out the door to see the new patient. Yongsun looked around her. She felt watched, judged, those people were looking at her up and down. Some of the smaller kids looked at her with wide eyes, while the older patients tried to rush them into their rooms, shushing them.

"She's so pretty!" She heard one of the kids whispering, which brought a blush to her face. She wanted to turn away and run for the exit. Maybe she could still catch on with her parents. Dahee caught on with Yongsun's distressed state. She hadn't noticed the kids peeking through their doors.

"Okay, everybody, in your rooms, come on!" She said loudly enough for everyone to hear. A collective "awww" was heard as the kids all closed their doors. All except for one. But she wasn't as young as the other kids who peeked through their doors. She was about her age, skinny. Too skinny. Sickly looking. Her long black hair looked damaged, dry. The clothes she had on pooled around every corner of her body. She was small. Yongsun knew why she was here before even talking to her. She eyed Yongsun, her eyes drifting to Wheein, and softening considerably when doing so. It was obvious the two knew each other and that the girl was fond of Wheein.