Chapter 5 - Disorientation

When the storm clears and the grey is blue,

the crews that she lost is nothing new.

hauls a broken, water sinking through the foundation,

no bucket or spoon, the hands of what is left is the only sedation.

The path has led me to no where yet. The sky is turning a blaring orange as the two light in the sky edges along the horizon. As every moment passes and every time my mind blackens for a split instance, I wonder if my body might stop working. When I spawned from the heavens, not any distance was too far for me to traverse with ease. Now, every drag of my foot feels as if It'll be the death of me. My legs are shaking in pain and seeping away my spirit.

As I pull my body a few more distance, I collapse on the ground on my back. Deep in my conscious, I saw nothing but blur of the green mixing with the sky as the day becomes darker in an instant. 

Voices amidst from my head, a bright light echoing through my ears like a kindling to awake my mind. A cold breeze across my chest and a sloppy mush against my back. In a blink of an eye, the scenery had gone pitch black with only a glimmer from the whites above. All I could see is the shade of mesh waving against the dark sky. Nothingness to the ears but the wind blowing across me, whistling and echoing. 

What happened? Am I in limbo? My head is groggy, all my limbs feels weak and not a surge of spirit could lift even one of them up. I'm stuck pinned to the ground. Heavy breathing, eyes in all directions, the same pit in my throat came back and I feel weak in the stomach. My lips have become cracked and body feels so damaged. But I know I can't remain on the ground. 

I focus every last surge of spirit on an arm and hover it above the ground. The pain is immeasurable. It is stiff and feels as if my body is stabbing itself for trying. But I know I have to keep going. I twist my body to the side and land my arms together on one side. Pushing myself up, I finally land myself on my feet. But I don't know how long I could keep myself up, pain still stricken up legs and shaking with numbness. I took a slow stride and even that feels impossible. I took another step. But the shaking finally struck me down. I fall straight against the green, holding onto it tightly out of reflex. After a few instances of wobbling side to side, I came to a stop with my feet up. But my heart still skipped a beat as I fell.

I hold that position for a few moments, leaning and my arms around the green to let my legs regain their feelings again. However, holding onto the green has given an idea. I push my body against the green bending it all the way down and snapping the bottom off. I chew off the top of the green and what I'm left with is a long tube for me to lean on while walking. With every step, I stab the ground with the green and pull myself towards it. Repeating the process over and over again, I could at least cover some distance with half the feeling in my leg.

Feeling my way through the darkness, tapping around me with my walking stick and going down the path slowly. It didn't occur to me that the silence is quite nerving. Since my vision is taken away from me, it feels as if everything has became louder. The noises so far I've experience are sound of my steps squishing into the ground, the stick squishing into the ground, and rustling of the green around me. It almost feels as if peaceful in this state of deprivation not for the state of my body as of now. But though my mind is calm, there is still worries in front of me. 

I've been dragging myself against the ground for a long time and my legs has gotten worse. It seems as if the soreness is growing. Pain as it might, it stopped shaking. I'm beginning to see silhouettes of the green clearer in the darkness. But an even more interesting development is that the light in the sky has came back, however, without the light of the landscape. It is as though something has consumed the surface to damn it into limbo. What if I am not in the same place as before? If that's the case, where am I? I fear that I may be lost within what may be a clear path in front of me. But there is only the end of the path that shows you where you would end up.