Chapter 7 - Fixation

A whirlwind of nothingness ravages the crew

Yet the ocean remains still following no pursue.

The men of weak all jumps the voyage

And only then it was calm within the cage

 The sky is turning darker. Limbo is happening soon. But all the Sun isn't wasted, my spirit is high and my body is relentless in the travel from meeting Noit until now. All the soreness in my body has reduced itself down to a stale feeling all around. It isn't numb or painful, but has remarkably stop pacing me down as a result. I thank Mother and Libertas for the incredible strength they had gifted me. I've walked down to many new horizons so far down the direction Noit has told me. Yet nothing new has came around.

I've been staring straight at the map for the entire time trying to figure out how to make sense of the pattern on it. Flipping and rotating it all around, yet it looks all gibberish to me. The only thing I understand from this map is that there's this big red triangle that Noit pointed at to tell me where to go with a small print underneath that reads 'Cancance'. But the more I look at it, the more I realise how small of the map it takes up with just barely showing up on the small corner of the map. And yet again there's lots more red triangles around the map that scattered throughout. My eyes are straining. The light is almost gone too. I stuff the map back in my sack and focus straight on the road ahead.

In front of me towers a big slope up towards the sky. Climbing up the slope slowly, pushing my way up with just my toes, I lean forward with my hands driving my fingers into the ground and pulling myself up. Heavy breathing, my head fixate to the top of the slope, I feel myself getting closer and closer. Just as the feeling of tiredness fills my mind, the slope becomes gentler almost as if holding its hand out to me and pulling myself up. I push myself off the ground and behold the vast and resplendent view that sets before my eyes of an enormous white city that casts over the orange sky. It looks as bright as the Suns themselves. After seeing my destination, I have a new feeling of excitement flowing through. I slowly descend down the other side of the slope.

And just like that, the sky turns blue. The light flushes from the landscape and the world yet again plunges into darkness. All except the city which glows in the limbo as if its own Sun. 

The bright circle in the dark blue has came back partnering with me onward to the city as if walking together along the dark landscape while showering me with the comfort of light against the void. Something to gaze at to assure a sense of safety or to distract yourself from the indiscernible void that lies on the horizon.

As I walk further down the slope, I see orange lights out in the darkness. Four spheres of orange that flickers and connects to each other, forming a line, all moving towards the city. I try to look past the light to see if there's a more to the light, but the light shrouds the source. I need to check it out. it could be something interesting, and maybe some company too on the way to Cancance.

I run down the slope, watching as the light gets closer. Silhouettes shapes up as I'm nearing the light, the head of people pops out from the darkness with an orange tinge bouncing off it. They all walk slowly, looking down on the ground as if monotonous.

"Haaaaaai!" I shouted towards them. "Haaaaaaaaaaaaai!"

The figures stopped and turns around. Their face is hooded with a large red cloth covering their bodies and hanging over their head showing just a shadow over their face. I stop in my tracks intimidated by their stare. Although I couldn't see their eyes, I feel an overwhelming pressure against me as if waiting for my next words.

"I uh..." I mumbled, lost for words. "Are you umm... going to the... the city?"

The robed ones all turn their faces towards each other. Their hands are covered under their sleeves, cupping together, with long cloths dragging behind them as if floating as they move forward.